Valued Contributor

Re: Eye Primer Recommendations Please

Tried them all and my favorite is from the drugstore. Boots eyelid primer is not to thick or sticky. It has a velvet finish and provides just enough color correcting without completely washing out your kids.

Respected Contributor

I've tried many and always come back to Urban Decay Primer Potion.  Covers nicely and my eyeshadow lasts until I take it off at night.

Honored Contributor

I like the Milani, however, it's not as opaque as the UD and is more on the sheer side with lighter coverage.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Summer Shine wrote:

I am looking for a non drying, skin smoothing, opaque to cover discoloration on the lid. Is there such a primer? I’ve tried several but never found my HG product. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

@Summer ShineI’ve used Laura Mercier’s Eye Basics for years. It’s an opaque primer w/ the benefit of coming in various shades. You can go lighter than lid for brightness, same tone or go to a taupe shade and have a built in shadow. 

My other recommendation is Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye Shadow Sticks. Because they’re waterproof and opaque, they also can be a primer and/or shadow...many shades matte and shimmer. 

Honored Contributor

ELF, goes on opaque.

Respected Contributor

@Summer ShineMAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots. I have Painterly which is a hint of pink. They have the shade Ocra which is more yellow toned. Those 2 are mattes. They have several shades now sold at Ulta. You can use them for the lid on their own or topped with eyeshadow. 

Respected Contributor

The best I have found recently is by Younique.  OMG it's incredible and your shadow will not come off until you take it off.  Even if you've slept in it.  That tiny tube will last you forever. Not the cheapest out there, but certainly worth the price.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm so glad I checked here!  How timely this thread is for me. I've been gone far too long.    My all time favorite was  "Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle-Fair/Light-Advanced Eyeshadow Primer" I loved how it covered all the discoloration and was light enough for my fair complextion.  I used it as my eyeshadow base color... Can't even get it on Ebay anymore.  

I'm taking notes ladies!

New contributor?  Not new, just absent for some time. 

Honored Contributor

I use BE bisque.

Honored Contributor

I use Revlon's Color Stay Eye Shadow primer.  It keeps the shadow on my eye lid and I get the true color of the shadow.  Well, when I wear shadow which isn't very often now.  I order it from the Revlon website because I don't always find it in my local CVS.