Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eye Make up Remover

[ Edited ]

Physicians Formula Eye Makeup Remover Lotion.

For some reason any of the clear liquids I've tried over the years leave my eyelids looking flaky. They aren't flaky but they look like they are. Same kind of whitish flaky look that your hands get in the winter. Maybe it's just extreme dryness.

The Physicians Formula is in liquid form but it's a creamy liquid, if that makes sense.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I use the Hada Labo cleansing oil as my first step in cleansing and it removes EVERYTHING. You apply it to a DRY face, massage it in, and it melts off any and all makeup, water-resistant sunscreen, etc. Then, when you add water, it emulsifies into a milk and rinses off completely,  taking all the makeup with it. I'm not even sure I need to do a second cleanse afterwards, but I do anyway, just to make sure I've washed off all traces of makeup and cleansing oil.

I've done away with eye makeup remover because I just don't need it anymore,  it's a completely unnecessary extra step.

The Hada Labo cleansing oil is fragrance-free and sells for under $15 on various sites on the Internet.  I love it and won't be without it. I have a pump bottle but now I buy the refills that come in plastic pouches that sell for $13 on Amazon. @QVCkitty1 @Harvard99 

@Texasmouse  - I know Dr. Dray likes this brand.  Not sure if she uses their cleansing oil or suncreen, but I've heard her recommend this brand.

I may try this cleansing oil.

Honored Contributor

Maybelline has an eye makeup remover that is good.  I prefer my wipes from Target.  I first wipe down and then open my eye and wipe up and I am able to remove all the mascara.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

I use the Hada Labo cleansing oil as my first step in cleansing and it removes EVERYTHING. You apply it to a DRY face, massage it in, and it melts off any and all makeup, water-resistant sunscreen, etc. Then, when you add water, it emulsifies into a milk and rinses off completely,  taking all the makeup with it. I'm not even sure I need to do a second cleanse afterwards, but I do anyway, just to make sure I've washed off all traces of makeup and cleansing oil.

I've done away with eye makeup remover because I just don't need it anymore,  it's a completely unnecessary extra step.

The Hada Labo cleansing oil is fragrance-free and sells for under $15 on various sites on the Internet.  I love it and won't be without it. I have a pump bottle but now I buy the refills that come in plastic pouches that sell for $13 on Amazon. @QVCkitty1 @Harvard99 

@Texasmouse  - I know Dr. Dray likes this brand.  Not sure if she uses their cleansing oil or suncreen, but I've heard her recommend this brand.

I may try this cleansing oil.

@San Antonio Gal she uses both and I have bought them based on her recommendation. Love the sunscreen as much as I do the cleansing oil. I think this brand has hit it out of the park with their products,  at least for me.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Shanus  I'm not tired of hearing about BB at all.   I love posts with lots of suggestions  from so many intelligent posters.  Would you know the approximate price of that product?

@Harvard99   Good morning. The regular size is 6.7oz. for $48 and they offer (sometimes & do have it now on the BB site) the large size 13.52oz. for $69. There’s also a discount on the site depending on amount spent. ***The large size lasts me about 4 1/2-5 months. You only need about 3 pumps to remove all makeup. Then use what’s left in your hands, add warm water & work into a milky lather to remove it. Yes, expensive compared to most, but eliminates purchasing an eye makeup remover, too. 

@Shanus  Thank you for the price and all the extra info also.

Respected Contributor

L'Oreal waterproof makeup remover

Esteemed Contributor

Thumbs up to the recommendations for Clinique's Take the Day Off Eye Makeup Remover;  Signature Club A Meltdown cleansing cream; and Pond's Cold Cream.  I'll add Lancome's Bi-Facil to the list.  

Esteemed Contributor

I use the Face cloths that were a tsv last year. Removes ever trace in seconds.

Honored Contributor

Pretty much any oil should work the same. Doesn't even have to call itself a cleansing oil. Just pick one you like.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I also use Clinique's, "Take the day off" liquid eye makeup remover.  It's in the purple bottle.  It does a great job in removing waterproof makeup without a lot of tugging & pulling!