Respected Contributor

I tried everything- all promises- nothing worked. Last year I had my upper eyelids done by a fantastic plastic surgeon. Procedure was less than an hour, all local anesthesia, no pain during or after the procedure. Thrilled with the results- I can wear eye makeup again and I don't look tired!!!

Honored Contributor

I found a great eye cream for the day: Colorscience Total Eye. It has SPF 35 and can be used all over the eyelid, right up to the lashes. I'm someone who is very sensitive to getting sunscreen and other products in my eye. This stuff does not irritate or make me weepy at all.

This stuff is a great way to protect the area since most sunscreens travel and get in your eye if you use them closer than the orbital bone, leaving the lids and crowsfeet unprotected because you wind up wiping your sunscreen off when you wipe away the tears that leak out. It also smooths the area and conceals a little.

You can also use other sunscreens, such as powder or compact ones, over it if you want more protection. I use my Sunforgettable powder over it.

ETA: I also use it on my nose. It provides a tiny bit of coverage, which I like, without looking like makeup and without hilighting my pores. You know how you can get those little foundation dots in the pores on your nose? It doesn't do that. Clings really well. Most other products seem to disappear from my nose during the day.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I have experimented with several eye creams and always return to Mad Hippie.  I'm done shopping and playing around, I'm sticking with this one.  If you plan to try it, show around for the best price (iHerb, Vitacost, Amazon, etc.) rather than ordering from the MH site.  

Respected Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Dr.Denese Firming Facial Colleagan Eye Cream. I use it and love it. I saw results in a very short time.  Works for me.

Dr Denise had eye lid surgery.   She posted about her many facial surgeries on Facebook  a couple years back. She spoke about her eyelid surgery in specific. 

She admitted no topicals will help the sagging hooded lids, so she opted for surgery.   Although she got alot of negative feedback about it, I think it was truthful,  no topicals will lift any sagging, or deeply wrinkled skin.  Her products may hydrate temporarily,  but that's all it'll do.

I use and love Shiseido Benefiance eye cream...its hydrating, and erases lines all around the the eyes and can be used on lids.  I've never found anything that exceeds how young and line free this product produces.

Again,  temporary,  but results lasts longer than other eye creams I've tried.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I have experimented with several eye creams and always return to Mad Hippie.  I'm done shopping and playing around, I'm sticking with this one.  If you plan to try it, show around for the best price (iHerb, Vitacost, Amazon, etc.) rather than ordering from the MH site.  

You know I would agree, ingredient deck is such high quality, but i have said before for some reason I was allergic to it and my undereye area turned bright red and swelled up. I may be brave and give it another whirl. 

Jean, do you use this on the lids, I never used it on the lids.

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I tried everything- all promises- nothing worked. Last year I had my upper eyelids done by a fantastic plastic surgeon. Procedure was less than an hour, all local anesthesia, no pain during or after the procedure. Thrilled with the results- I can wear eye makeup again and I don't look tired!!!

I had the same procedure! Love the outcome

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

I can't get rid of that spoiler thingy. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

You know I would agree, ingredient deck is such high quality, but i have said before for some reason I was allergic to it and my undereye area turned bright red and swelled up. I may be brave and give it another whirl. 

Jean, do you use this on the lids, I never used it on the lids.

@ShelbelleI do, but just a tiny bit.  I'll do a controlled pump, which amounts to about half a pump (full is way too much, IMO) and split it between my two ring fingers to apply.  I start with the outside corners and under eye, then whatever is left goes on the lids.

Honored Contributor

@hovis  Check out No 7 eye creams.  They offer several and I use one but don't have it in front of me now.  Target sells it.  The one I use is excellent.  I knew a woman that had her upper lids surgically fixed and she looked absolutely beautiful.  It added 10 years on her for the best.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Kiel’s eye cream with avocado. A little goes a long way.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

What's a 'good eye cream' supposed to do? I've never found any eye cream to do much for me.

@SilleeMee   Some eye creams do temporarily disguise fine lines under concealer, but the myth of permanently  decreasing the lines, depuffing, taking away darkness and deep wrinkles? Meh! As far as creams on the lids, those are empty promises. Wrinkled lids cannot be smoothed w/ eye cream anymore than a wrinkled neck.