Trusted Contributor

Re: Eye Cream that Makes a Difference

On 3/26/2015 Fish in the Sea said:
On 3/26/2015 jump4joy said:
On 3/26/2015 Shelbelle said:

One I would never use is Phil Hope in a Tube, mineral oil and petro based, milia city!!!

You are right about the Philosophy eye cream --

I feel terrible saying this, but there's not a single Philosophy product I've ordered and liked. Sorry, Philosophy girls.

Me neither. Bought the face cleanser and ended up throwing the entire bottle out. It left a film on my skin and it certainly did not feel clean. Tried a few other face products and they just didn't do anything for me. I look for a lot of actives in my skin care and IMHO, Philosophy just doesn't have enough in high concentrations to satisfy my requirements. I don't care for their line of body products either. Their body creams are not hydrating enough for my dry skin and the fragrances of their bath products are just too strong for my nose.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

One I would never use is Phil Hope in a Tube, mineral oil and petro based, milia city!!!

I feel terrible saying this, but there's not a single Philosophy product I've ordered and liked. Sorry, Philosophy girls.
I've been using Phil on and off for years. I think I'm kind of over it at this point. Now I'm looking for something new and fabulous!
Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 UMDTerpFan said:

Me neither. Bought the face cleanser and ended up throwing the entire bottle out. It left a film on my skin and it certainly did not feel clean. Tried a few other face products and they just didn't do anything for me. I look for a lot of actives in my skin care and IMHO, Philosophy just doesn't have enough in high concentrations to satisfy my requirements. I don't care for their line of body products either. Their body creams are not hydrating enough for my dry skin and the fragrances of their bath products are just too strong for my nose.

So what face products are you using now?
Contributor

You women ROCK. Thank you for all the kind response. I know that I can rely on the truth from you all. The good, bad, and ugly. And BEAUTIFUL, of course.
Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Fish in the Sea said:It might actually be dryness!!! I live in the upper Midwest and it's been a horrible, long winter and even spring is shaping up to be bad. I cannot thank you enough for your suggestions!!! Keep 'um coming! You all are the true beauty experts!

Just to collaborate here: when traveling to PA from TX (twice since Jan) I have noticed EXTREMELY dry, damaging conditions there! In my younger days, perhaps, I would not have noticed. Our daughter asked me what happened to my undereye area when I had applied a moisturizer and let it "sink" in... my eye tissue was so very angry red. This must mean that the dryness of the heating systems are very damaging to our skin.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2015 RachB said:
On 3/27/2015 UMDTerpFan said:

So what face products are you using now?

I mix things up a lot. I use MUAC DMAE cleanser and their Mandelic Acid toner. I also use their Radiance Peel once a week. I also use Paula's Choice 8% AHA gel about 5 times a week. Andalou Naturals Turmeric + C serum and their Fruit Stem Cell serum. I just bought the Turmeric + C, have been using it for three days & really like it so far. It has rave reviews on MUA and Vitacost's website. I'm almost out of the Fruit Stem cell serum & may just stick with the Turmeric + C for now. I also love their Super Goji Perfecting Peptide cream. I use Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol for my vitamin C serum. This is a 2nd purchase for me & so far it beats out all the other brands I've tried. I also use two serums by NCN on my lines and under my brows - Multiactive Peptide Matrixyl serum 25% and their DNA serum. The matrixyl serum is the best one I've tried and I've tried all PTR's, Isomers, etc. NCN sells a 1 oz sample size for $45 and that size lasts me a long time. And I like Michael Todd's True Organics KNU Anti-Aging cream but I've bought it from Groupon for $29, I won't pay full retail of $150. For dryness under my eyes I love Kiehls Creamy Eye cream with Avocado. And for dark under eye circles and puffiness I like Isomer's R Pur for Eyes. I also have a little bit of hooded lids going on and have bought Perricone's Glutathione serum repeatedly as I do think it helps to tighten the lid but I am almost out and may try Isomers Glutathione eye or their new eye cream instead this time around.

Trusted Contributor

Fish In the Sea, If you are interested in Isomers R Pur for Eyes, Lori said it will be back in stock next week. IMHO, this product is the best product I've tried for dark circles (and I've used just about every brand from La Mer, La Prairie, Sisley, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Perricone, PTR, etc. etc.). Nothing has ever totally taken the circles away but I literately see the darkness turning to what a bruise looks like when it is healing and then it fades a lot. Here's Isomer's description of the product:

What is it?

Targeted serum for the entire eye contour. For temperamental and mature skin.

Intensive - yet super lightweight. Boasting germinating soy, soy isoflavones, genistein and technological extracts to help transform the visible eye contour. For a tighter, brighter and younger-looking eye contour.

Who is it for?

Those with chronic under eye puffiness that is caused by a shift of the fat pad below the eye.

Why is it unique/different?

Formula targets entire eye contour and fat pads under the eye area

• Broad spectrum formula for the entire eye contour
  • Dark Circle
  • Fine Wrinkles
  • Eyelid Flaccidity
  • Puffiness
  • Lower Eyelid Fat Pads
  • Anti oxidant protection for brighter looking skin
  • Uses soy DNA to replenish mature skin.
  • Hydrating to sooth, dry, dehydrated and delicate skin sensitivity
  • Fragrance free, paraben free

Contains:

Pure extracts from Soy: Germinating Soy, Soy Isoflavones and Genistein, Phosphatidylcholine, Soy Symbiozomes

• Targets mature, temperamental, skin ages 45 and up
  • Dramatically helps reduce the look of visible skin damage
  • Improvement in skin lipid content: (supports ceramides)
  • Improvement in skin elasticity
  • Improvement in skin hydration
  • Decrease in skin roughness
  • Decrease in skin ruddiness
  • Wrinkle Smoothing
  • Anti oxidant protection – helps brighten the skin and even out color

Bio peptide CL™: Palmitoyl Oligopeptide

• Targets many aspects of skin wrinkles
  • Reduces visible wrinkle length and depth
  • Smooths skin surface
  • Alternative to Vitamin A without harmful side effects.
  • Firms the skin
  • Positive stimulant to the skin surface

Soy Sterols

Targets Skin Appearance:
  • Improvement in skin elasticity
  • Improvement in skin hydration
  • Decrease in skin roughness
  • Wrinkle Smoothing
  • Improvement in skin lipid content

Targets Collagen Renewal

• Formulation contains fibroblast messenger peptide to target collagen renewal

Haloxyl™

Helps reduce the look of dark circles to even out skin tone

EyeResolution™

Anti eye bag ingredients to help smooth out under eye contours

BioSkinup™ Contour

Targets dark circles and smooth out puffiness

Dedicated delivery system – “transdermal Q”

• Aids in penetration and product performance
  • Better skin care for younger looking skin

Liquid Crystal Olive Base

• Enhanced moisturizer and delivery system
  • Lamellar gel short and long term hydration
  • “Once a day application”
  • Keeps skin moist longer, excellent for dry skin
Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 morganjen said:

Estee Lauder Night Repair eye cream

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Love EL Night Repair eye cream, too!

Yes, this is a very good product. Tests on animals tho.

Frequent Contributor

My vote is for Neutrogena eye cream. I'm 63 and have been using this for several years.