Esteemed Contributor

My Physicians Formula bronzer is at least two years old, but I haven't noticed any change in it's texture, color or scent. It looks as good as new.

Some MUAs say to toss any expired product even it there is no difference, so I'm not sure whether I could keep using it or throw it away. If I keep the bronzer I won't need to buy another one for awhile.  Thoughts on what to do? 

My other makeup is OK; it's only the bronzer that is expired.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I didn't even know there was an expiration date on bronzer and other powder type makeup.  I know about mascara but I have bronzer and powder concealers from Physician's Formula that are many years!!! old and I continue to use them and live to tell about it--LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I only wear makeup once a week mostly.  I couldn't afford to even have it if I worried about expiration dates.

Honored Contributor

I agree, what kind of exp date would be on a bronzer, unless it contains sunscreen

Esteemed Contributor

The Physicians Formula bronzer doesn't have an expiration date on it, but articles have said that they usually last up to two years. After that, you need to watch for signs of any change. 

Since the bronzer seems to still be OK, I think I'll pass on getting another one for awhile. Will check out other items for the Sephora sale. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: Expired bronzer

[ Edited ]

Just scrape off a very thin layer and you should be good to go for many more years. 

You can also use packing tape to remove the thin layer leaving behind fresh powder.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

Not to worry, it's totally a non-issue.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Do you see an icon on the back of the bronzer that looks like a jar with the lid tilted open and a number on that icon? All make up is going to come with an expiration date but they just want you to buy more makeup. The month may read 12m or 24m, etc

Honored Contributor

stock-vector-expiration-date-after-product-opening-symbols-shelf-life-sign-for-label-of-product-681056023.jpg

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw - If it's powder, and it looks and smells OK, I think it's perfectly fine to use.

I have powder products that go way back, including Laura Geller's Baked products. I still use them. Laura herself said years ago, when she owned the company, the products would last forever!  Smiley Wink