Esteemed Contributor

I decided to order a facial exfoliator from Elf cosmetics. Because of recent expenses, I couldn't afford Tatcha or another high end scrub. The exfoliating scrub from Elf got many positive reviews and says that it is fine for sensitive skin. If it doesn't work, I'm not out a ton of money. 

I also ordered makeup removal cleansing cloths from them. I should be getting the items in a week or so and will report when they arrive. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Re: Exfoliator purchase

[ Edited ]

If you are concerned about money, a simple home made oatmeal or baking soda scrub works well for sensitive skin.

Fine ground oatmeal - grind in spice grinder if possible

3 Tablespoons of aloe vera gel (around $1.50/tube at Walgreens)

mix into a paste, swirl onto face and avoid eyes, leave on 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.  I use a wash cloth to remove product, follow with your moisturizer. 

I always have oatmeal (for cookies) and I have a tube of aloe vera gel in the cabinet from making my own hand sanitizer when you couldn't find it anywhere.

Hand Sanitizer....rubber alcohol and aloe vera gel   shake  3/1 ratio.

Aloe vera gel also works for sunburn and dry spots on the skin.  Worth buying when you see it.

ELF cosmetics are made in China.  I looked up some of the ingredients for exfoilators and seriously you can't even pronounce half of those.  

When it comes to the skin, I just can't settle.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw congrats on your purchases!  I think going with ELF was a great idea for your first step into exfoliators.  As time goes on, you can always try others.  ELF has good products so hoping these work for you.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw I'll be interested to hear how you like it.

My skin likes to be exfoliated. 

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

An ELF cleansing cloth popped up on my WM page today.  I put it in my cart but haven't ordered it yet.  $4

This certainly won't take the place of my cleansing routine.  What it might take the place of is my Tatcha makeup oil cleanser UNLESS someone can tell me if the oil cleanser does something more for my skin than just remove makeup.  

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

I keep cold aloe in the fridge.  Been using it the last few days on my grandson for a terrible sunburn Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

You can also use ultrafine (NOT powdered) sugar as an exfoliator.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@monicakm 

That pad is the same concept as the "makeup eraser" but with the pad there's not a lot of square footage and how would you clean that?

At least with the makeup erasers, you toss them in the laundry and they are good to go for additional uses.

But wait, the ELF pad is a "special" color.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm & @Just Bling  

Do you ladies think this size makeup removal pads are very useful?  Personally, I like the larger rectangular size.  I bought a couple 5 pc.sets of the big ones on Amazon for $10/set

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@teganslaw 

An ELF cleansing cloth popped up on my WM page today.  I put it in my cart but haven't ordered it yet.  $4

This certainly won't take the place of my cleansing routine.  What it might take the place of is my Tatcha makeup oil cleanser UNLESS someone can tell me if the oil cleanser does something more for my skin than just remove makeup.  

@monicakm  I like the makeup removal cloths and use them every morning and night  because they're soft and gentle.  Plus, they don't get caught on my nose piercing like a loopy cloth does. 😆. Personally,  I wouldn't eliminate a cleansing product and use them alone.  I know they say you can, but I prefer legit cleansing.  They work well to remove any kind of cleanser or mask and wash up easily in the washing machine.  No fabric softener.