Valued Contributor

Eve Pearl Review 4 Piece Shadow Kit

I was asked by 1-2 of you to review this kit. Here goes...The shadow colors are pretty in person. It is a small compact, but well thought out. 

I used a primer but couldn't get the peach or beige shades to show up. Too sheer.

The darker shades are typical that most brands offer. I like the green.  I experienced fallout like others have reviewed. The mascara curls lashes great, but I didnt get thickening. The two brushes are decent. I love Eve,s fan blush brush. So, all in all this set wasn't right for me. And I am still trying to get the TSV foundation to give me coverage and not disappear in an hour. I really like learning from Eve and want her products to work for me, but just not sure my skin will cooperate.😊

Regular Contributor

Re: Eve Pearl Review 4 Piece Shadow Kit

i orderd the natural pallet with my TSV and have used it all week-i love the quality of the shadows! i just  ordered the 4 piece set and figure my eye wardrobe is covered. Looking to streamline and i love the smaller sizes. i havent experienced any fallout w the brown shadows. Thanks for your review. looking forward to getting the set!

Valued Contributor

@gfpdem wrote:

i orderd the natural pallet with my TSV and have used it all week-i love the quality of the shadows! i just  ordered the 4 piece set and figure my eye wardrobe is covered. Looking to streamline and i love the smaller sizes. i havent experienced any fallout w the brown shadows. Thanks for your review. looking forward to getting the set!

That is wonderful that the natural has given you such great results. I am jealous.😄

I have the same problem with Bobbie Brown's shadows disappearing. Frustrating.

Maybe my age is showing.😊

Honored Contributor

@Lally thank you for your review. It sounds like a pass for me then.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reviews, always happy to learn more about products.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Lally...

Thanks for taking the time to review.  I was looking at the other EP Natural shadow palette. I just can't get green of any shade to work well for me which is too bad.  I like the look on others.

Right now I have dozens of high quality palettes i'm not using, so would feel guilty for buying another even if it was the most buttery wonderful shadow out there.  (Hmm, don't hold me to that)

Sorry it didn't work.  Even though I have a ton of shadows- two large boxes of palettes,  it never stops me from looking!  I guess that's true of all makeup.  I get to concentrate on my skincare due to my job, and only wear makeup when I'm out and about- (more than a quick trip to the store).   I'm grateful I can throw on sunscreen and lipstick.  (Sunglasses and a baseball cap take care of the rest)   Can I veer OT or what!?!  My apologies.

Respected Contributor

@Lally wrote:

@gfpdem wrote:

That is wonderful that the natural has given you such great results. I am jealous.😄

@Lally are you using a primer first?  I can almost guarantee I'm older than you.  Seems I'm older than everyone!  What I sometimes do is slightly dampen my brush and rub it across the edge of the shadow to obtain more pigment on the lid.  I feel like if I wet the main area of the shadow it will ruin the texture- hence I just do it near the edge.  This works very well for me, and I'm not a primer girl.   I think some of the highly praised brands mess with the smoothness of the eyelid, so I'm better off without it.   You might trying barely dampening your brush to get more pigment that lasts.  It works equally well with light and darker shades.  Bobbi Brown normally doesn't fade on me, but I find myself doing the damp brush with this one too.

Valued Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

@Lally wrote:

@gfpdem wrote:

@Lally are you using a primer first?  I can almost guarantee I'm older than you.  Seems I'm older than everyone!  What I sometimes do is slightly dampen my brush and rub it across the edge of the shadow to obtain more pigment on the lid.  I feel like if I wet the main area of the shadow it will ruin the texture- hence I just do it near the edge.  This works very well for me, and I'm not a primer girl.   I think some of the highly praised brands mess with the smoothness of the eyelid, so I'm better off without it.   You might trying barely dampening your brush to get more pigment that lasts.  It works equally well with light and darker shades.  Bobbi Brown normally doesn't fade on me, but I find myself doing the damp brush with this one too.

Thanks for the grin you gave me about our ages. As for primer, I tried two different ones that I use daily. Same result. For me, I find a finely milled shadow often doesnt lay down color that shows. Some brands like me more than others.😄 I am sorry Eve's didn't. She seems as lovely as Im sure her products are for the lucky ones.. Thanks for the damp brush tip.

Regular Contributor

@Lally wrote:

@gfpdem wrote:

well-im turning 50 and i struggled catching up changing my routine to accomodate my looser, crepey skin around my eyes. Im so dry i put 2 different eye creams on and actually pat eyecream over my shadows -so finding shadows that are pigmented enough to stand up to so much moisture is no easy feat! Best primer for me is bye bye lid lines by IT. Holds in place without drying my lid out! So for me, shadows are tricky. I must say, ive been loving the nudestix. Creamy, but they lockdown and stay in place without drying the lids. something you may want to consider? I find most powder shadows are a thing of the past for me.Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gfpdem wrote:

@Lally wrote:

@gfpdem wrote:

well-im turning 50 and i struggled catching up changing my routine to accomodate my looser, crepey skin around my eyes. Im so dry i put 2 different eye creams on and actually pat eyecream over my shadows -so finding shadows that are pigmented enough to stand up to so much moisture is no easy feat! Best primer for me is bye bye lid lines by IT. Holds in place without drying my lid out! So for me, shadows are tricky. I must say, ive been loving the nudestix. Creamy, but they lockdown and stay in place without drying the lids. something you may want to consider? I find most powder shadows are a thing of the past for me.Smiley Sad

Ah HA!..  I have 10 years on you - even though I feel 30.  Growing older is actually a blessing considering the alternative.

I'm dry too.  Maybe I should try Bye Bye Lid Lines.  Tarte made one that was perfect for smoothing aging eyes. D/C'ed naturally. 

What are nudestixs???  Sounds like something I NEED. lol  I occasionally use cream shadow as a base, yet I find it hard to let go of my powder shadows.  My lids aren't very crepey-  especially considering my age.  I will wear shadows with shimmer- strategically placed rather than full-on.  Shimmer not to be confused with glitter. You sound extremely shadow savvy- so I'm sure you know what I mean....Smiley Wink