Valued Contributor

Paula's Choice discontinuing favorite products

There was a discussion a couple of days ago about Paula's Choice discontinuing beloved products.  Well, I just found out they are discontinuing one of my all-time favorite products.  I have been using her Sheer Cream Lipstick SPF 15 for years.  I have purchased many colors, but my absolute favorite color is "In the Nude."  I have purchased this particular item for years.  The color just works perfectly for me and I like the sheerness and the fact that it includes SPF.  If you go on her site and look at her reviews, they are overwhelmingly positive.  In the last couple of years, she's only offered a limited selection of colors and people have been begging her to come out with new colors.  This request has fallen on deaf ears.  Not only are they not coming out with new colors, they are discontinuing the product altogether.  I confirmed this fact today by chatting with a customer service representative who confirmed this fact with me after I noticed a deep discount in price and the fact that only one color is left to purchase.  This is very troubling to me.  After using and loving Paula's Choice products for close to 20 years, somebody is tinkering with this line and making changes that I don't think are necessarily positive.  So sad. . .

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice discontinuing favorite products

@sueeich

I think Paula's Choice prefers to concentrate now on skin care items rather than color cosmetics. I noticed that before and after Paula Begoun stepped down as CEO after selling the company to a private equity firm. I think she prefers skin care product development.

Regular Contributor

I started the other thread so I understand your pain. I assumed they were going to stop doing make up but they just came out with a new face powder yesterday. I also read in one of the foundation reviews that a new foundation is going to be coming out. It will probably be half the size of the previous foundation and double the price with the way things are going lately.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@sueeich

I think Paula's Choice prefers to concentrate now on skin care items rather than color cosmetics. I noticed that before and after Paula Begoun stepped down as CEO after selling the company to a private equity firm. I think she prefers skin care product development.

That has always been the case. Cosmetics have never been the main focus of PC. They dabble in cosmetics but skincare has always been top priority. It is too bad though because I've actually enjoyed her makeup offerings these days, as well as her skincare.