Contributor
Do you all epilate? Does it hurt and does it really reduce hair regrowth? I watched the presentation last night and still am undecided. Thanks in advance.
Honored Contributor

I epilate with an Emjoi Emagine - face only, no legs or pits. Yes, it does reduce the hair growth, but it hasn't eliminated it....yet. As with waxing, you need to let the hairs grow a little so the epilator can catch them. Even with epilating, I still pluck. I can epilate my chin, under the chin, and jawline fairly easily. Above the jawline/lower cheek isn't too bad either. The worst place for me is above the lip. It's a little painful, but not unbearable.

Honored Contributor

I use the Emjoi eRase & used the Emjoi eMagine before that.

I have not found it to decrease hair growth. It really does not do that any more than tweezing would but it does get more hairs faster. I epilate my underarms & legs less often than I had to shave because epilating removes the hair at the root while shaving just cuts it at skin level. Hair grows in cycles and not all hair is on the same growth cycle so there is always some coming in.

I prefer the eRase because I use it on my face (just about every day to keep peach fuzz gone) & find it glides along the curves of my face (upper lip & chin) much better than the larger eMagine. It is also good on underarms & legs. If I was only interested in doing my legs I would have probably stuck with the eMagine.

Some people find it painful but I don't. It feels similar to tweezing & is no big deal. the longer I do it the less I notice it at all.

Contributor
Thank you for your replies.
Honored Contributor

They did an epilator last night? I missed it. I use the Emjoi Erase that was the TSV in December. I've only used it for about 6 weeks so I can't report long term results but it doesn't hurt. It pinched the first two times and now I don't even notice. It works great IMO, I hated shaving. I don't have a lot of hair to remove and I use it once a week just to keep up on it.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval