Trusted Contributor

Re: Empty Words, empty pockets

[ Edited ]

I have fallen for the hype too. I do wish a poster would tell us how they capture hydrogen and oxygen in a cream, it does not sound logical. Another story that I find odd when they say they import special water from some far off land.

I think I remember Debbie Reynolds say once she used Vaseline every night from head to toe, always wondered how she kept the sheets clean.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I wish that just once, when we get into this nostalgic mode, that someone would say that their mother or grandmother used only Pond's, which seems to be the one that pops up most often, and had horrific skin that made her look older than her age. Smiley Wink

lol @suzyQ3. no one will ever say that. just like everyone on this board looks younger than their age, often 15 to 20 years younger. But that is a whole other topic....Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I've been saying for a long time you could use practically anything.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Vaseline to hold in moisture.

It's not just a one-stop deal, though. You have to have the moisture in the first place to hold in!  So what those Chinese women use topically is only part of the story.

As far as Perricone coming out with yet another awe-inspiring product [line] that gives drama... Have you ever noticed that all his products start out with water? (Which, I guess, isn't really such a bad thing.)

Respected Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

I have fallen for the hype too. I do wish a poster would tell us how they capture hydrogen and oxygen in a cream, it does not sound logical. Another story that I find odd when they say they import special water from some far off land.

I think I remember Debbie Reynolds say once she used Vaseline every night from head to toe, always wondered how she kept the sheets clean.

You capture hydrogen  and oxygen in a cream by adding water.

Esteemed Contributor

My pockets aren't empty......

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Has Dr Perricone had any work done? If so, any of these docs who have went under the knife aren't very convincing to me that their products work. Just sayin....

Trusted Contributor

@noodleann that's my thinking too, everything that has water in has those elements. But they claim special way of encapsulated hydrogen and oxygen, like active argon line at Evine or Julip oxygen nail polish.

Respected Contributor

I am no idiot, but I did order the new H2O cloud face cream at the Beauty IQ steal price ($66 instead of $80). It sounded like a really nice light airy moisturizer that would work well for my very oily skin for the warmer weather thats starting. Since Oct I have been using and loving Wen's 319 NBT, but as it's getting warmer I am noticing I can feel it on my face. Humidity here in SE Wi. is terrible. So, the new H2O cloud cream sounded appealing. The reviews by those with oily skin were also very positive so we shall see....

Trusted Contributor

My skin care is a ritual for me.  I started looking at ingredients and learning about products a few years ago and I honestly think my skin looks better than it did 20 years ago.  I've learned how to treat hyperpigmentation, clogged pores ,how to use the correct sunscreen,retinol, vitamin C, etc.  I enjoy using my products and would not want to slap some vaseline or cold cream on my face at night - I'd be a zitty mess!

Honored Contributor

I tried the last TSV for Perricone and all I ended up with is a raw, red face that took a few days to heal. I peeled for a few days until I got my usual, good skin back.

Now all I use is an inexpensive moisturizer, a face cleanser and some sunscreen.