Honored Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Grant...really???

I'm thinking maybe if a thread is going to be started, it should be a little clearer.  I have no idea what is going on here or what kind of lies are being alluded to. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

Sounds like a soap opera, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@skittles2 , LOL!

Image result for i'm confused

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

i had to turn it off!   Cannot stand Shawn. When she said Elizabeth looks INSANE at age 95.

i know this is her vocabulary but She is just tacky.  Could not believe they would have her host. Instant Channel changer

i use the Caviar line and fortunately i have a small stash available.  much better deals on HQ!

Honored Contributor

Elizabeth Grant, 91, founded the company in England in 1958 after developing a cream to help heal her own skin, damaged by a bomb blast in the Second World War. The privately-held company was re-launched in Canada in 1998 by Ms. Grant and her daughter-in-law, Marion Witz, as president.Dec 6, 2013

From the ashes of WWII, a luxury skin care company is born
"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

For those who are confused:

Elizabeth Grant was injured due to a bomb last in London during WWII. Her face was left badly burned and scared; plastic surgery was not an option (obviously) and those who did receive it were those returning from battle (there are many documentaries on Youtube discussing this. The photos will break your heart).

Bottom line, her cosmetic business was founded on a miracle broth made from algae (hello La Mer) and the difference in her skin is shocking (for the good). Read her book, it tells the story in full detail.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

It struck me as a quaint old fashioned line on HQ, so I certainly won't be buying it now, either.  

Regular Contributor

Hi there! Just like Skinn, Isomers,,,EG has been around for a long time. I’ve used EG plus the others for years. They aren’t well known, maybe the Social platforms weren’t out here. Been using since shopnbc evolved to now. Products are effective best results when I cocktail the reinforce collagen (in pink containers) and the supreme essence Torricelumn with gold, AMAZING. Of course the story changes...I remember when EG was on and the story of how they were using a concoction for soldiers for injuries...whatever the story is I tried and liked, very effective....Stay golden
Trusted Contributor

Because of the confusion , not seeing the original post, I'll repost the jest...

It's on the web- google,  youtube has videos of "Susan" Susan Best- in this video she is filling in for EG, but earlier videos may be there showing "Susan" telling her story as an "ordinary" customer ( in that she was really an executive for the company and had been for years), for segments during each show...for years Marion, the daughter in law, was friends for decades,

there's posts here, HSN,  multiple forums, if they're still in existence, 

This story came out years ago. But when Shawn stated -precisely- "Elizabeth was injured  a few years AFTER the war had ended, the war ended a few years earlier"

It just rubbed me wrong....

EG stated in articles shards of glass were embedded on one side of her face, no burns as someone here mentioned.

I'm not saying she wasn't injured, she said she was and thats that....I, and many other's that were using her skincare, was shocked when it was found out "Susan" was really Marion, her in law and friend for decades, and garnered a high level position within the company, all the while playing "Susan".

many users corresponded with Margot and Marion, they didn't care, basically said so what!

I'm not saying don't try this line, just surprised, with the new story, which seems to be the truth or Q wouldn't have allowed Shawn to say it the way she did, and no one, not Shawn nor Margot, clarified.

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE