Honored Contributor

I've always enjoyed her hosting so much. But I just watched her with Laura Geller on a video presentation (A460089) and Laura talked about their last show together and seemed to be saying goodbye to her.

I didn't get the impression she was leaving completely, but I don't know what is going on. If they are pulling her away from beauty I think it's a big mistake! 

ETA: The show won't be on again until January, but Elise will be hosting it then- thank goodness!

I guess we won't see many beauty products during the holidays (?) 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I've always enjoyed her hosting so much. But I just watched her with Laura Geller on a video presentation (A460089) and Laura talked about their last show together and seemed to be saying goodbye to her.

I didn't get the impression she was leaving completely, but I don't know what is going on. If they are pulling her away from beauty I think it's a big mistake! 

ETA: The show won't be on again until January, but Elise will be hosting it then- thank goodness!

they are shelving the shows to sell Christmas stuff. personally why not sell special Christmas sets as well but I  assume sets of flashlights do better 

Respected Contributor

I'd think with THREE channels 1 could be devoted to regular programming. Total over saturation with Christmas programming and/or food programming.

I guess that's where the $$$ is.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

they are shelving the shows to sell Christmas stuff. personally why not sell special Christmas sets as well but I  assume sets of flashlights do better 

@jackthebear   I'm sure there will be Philosophy and JM gift sets. I think that brings a lot of $, too, but not as much as color cosmetics. People are less likely to gift skincare since it's so personal to each woman. 

Honored Contributor

I'm still one who enjoyed and miss Beauty IQ. When it was discontinued, my cable provider had stopped showing it in HD and the shows were so stretched out and models' demos so distorted, it was useless to watch.

I noticed with yesterday's surprise jewelry offerings on Q2, it was the same non-HD and so difficult to see items and the corresponding numbers. 

I've yet to see the nose hair trimmers, turbie twist sets, the special makeup remover cloths, makeup mirrors, etc. They may be coming on w/ Christmas gifts. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@jackthebear   I'm sure there will be Philosophy and JM gift sets. I think that brings a lot of $, too, but not as much as color cosmetics. People are less likely to gift skincare since it's so personal to each woman. 

giving skin care products = you look awful try this to me

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus - WROTE:  

I'm still one who enjoyed and miss Beauty IQ. When it was discontinued, my cable provider had stopped showing it in HD and the shows were so stretched out and models' demos so distorted, it was useless to watch.

I noticed with yesterday's surprise jewelry offerings on Q2, it was the same non-HD and so difficult to see items and the corresponding numbers. 

I, too, noticed that whenever I tuned into Q2, thought it was my TV setting, all the other channels were fine except Q2.

Honored Contributor

On Comcast, we only get the original Q Channel, but we do get HSN 2 which is all reruns