Occasional Contributor

After all the hype regarding the "savings and results", I decided to purchase the Face the Future skincase kit.  I can not believe how strong the fragrance is in the night cream.  I am not usually sensitive to fragrance in skincare, but my goodness this is so strong.  It gives me a headache!!

Is anyone else struggling with this kit?

Frequent Contributor

I have spoken and written to Elemis Customer Service in UK to ask about the fragrances in their products. All fragrances are natural to the ingredients in that product and there is no additional fragrance to enhance the product, according to them. I am surprised you find the Matrix cream overwhelming as it is similar to the original cleansing balm which is for most a very pleasurable fragrance. The Oxegenating night cream is very floral and very powerful, the Pro-peptide4, less so, but still not subtle. I had a hard time with these at first. What is curious to me, as I continue on using these products, the smell no longer effects me. I don't mind it one way or the other. I am getting fantastic results and I enjoy the whole cleansing and skincare routine.

I have been using Elemis for a year after 10 or so years of continual outbreaks and sensitivity. After using the Bliss Capsules for a month as suggested, my skin has never been a problem again. 

I know these products are expensive, but for anyone with difficult skin, I highly recommend this line if you are considering it. I have tried more expensive, less expensive, and drugstore brands. Elemis is pushing out a lot of new products, though, so take your time and choose wisely as these are a considered purchase.  At this time I am in the UK and have been able to take advantage of QVC TSVs and kits here. I found the new Rose cleansing balm smell shockingly overwhelming, but most of the Brits find it like "a walk in an English country garden", or "reminds me of my gran's garden when I was a little girl". Wondering if it is a cultural thing. However, I pushed through it as it is such a relaxing and enjoyable way to cleanse my face, and I actually don't really smell it any more.