Respected Contributor

Re: Elemis Tsv Shawn / Jen Coffey

I just don't understand why QVC uses more than one host at a time.  I prefer ONE host.  Lately, the shows are just that... a show.  I don't watch to be entertained.  That being said, I think Elise does a WONDERFUL job hosting her shows.  Stop with the pairings...they are too difficult to watch.

Honored Contributor

Jennifer Coffey has done numerous Beauty Shows and is more than capable of doing it alone! I didn't see the show, but that is ridiculous to have  had both hosts! Please stop with the 2 hosts!!!!!!The only time I really enjoy it is with Jayne and Pat! Otherwise I think a solo host works best!

Esteemed Contributor

Not to sound, but I wish neither of them made the presentation. There are far better hosts.

Trusted Contributor

Two hosts together are a trainwreck.   It becomes a gigglefest, silliness, look-at-me-I'm-a-teenager show.  Hosts lose their mind, for some reason, when they are paired together.  Don't get me started on Saturday Morning Q.  The screeching, jumping, me, me, me is over the top.   I'm surprised my eyes are not stuck in the back of my head from rolling them so much.  Please, QVC, have mercy on us and stop.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched for a bit... the part I saw was Elemis vendor going on and on, Jen standing there, trying to interject, then Shawn rambling, when Shawn utter "sidebar" I changed the channel.

Honored Contributor

When Shawn posted on social media that she was kicking off the TSV from her home bathroom, I thought she was doing the show solo.  I can understand Jen being there in case they lose the feed. They used to do this with all live remote shows.  A host was in studio. But it was just in case. They didn't have both of them on screen.

I'm not sure why they had Shawn do the TSV and then Jennifer do the rest of the show?  Why not have Shawn do the entire show?  It seemed odd and pointless to me.

As an aside, I wonder if QVC is going to have a self-tanner TSV shortly or what is going on.  Since fashion day a couple weekends ago, a few of the hosts very clearly over applied self-tanner.  JC was way too dark and orange.      

Honored Contributor

Was this the midnight showing?  I actually didn't notice because I was doing something on the computer and wasn't paying much attention to the TV.   The one thing I did notice was the vendor in that dress.  I thought it was a bit much and wondered if she was tryng to copy Josie Maran. It wasn't a good look, especially with the black bra peep.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I just don't understand why QVC uses more than one host at a time.  I prefer ONE host.  Lately, the shows are just that... a show.  I don't watch to be entertained.  That being said, I think Elise does a WONDERFUL job hosting her shows.  Stop with the pairings...they are too difficult to watch.

@bargainsgirl  ..i agree with you... Elise is the best host for beauty products & she also does a great job on everything else!! ❤️🥰

Valued Contributor

@on the bay 

@on the bay wrote:

Whoever does it, I don't see how dipping a finger into the jar over and over is appealing. They do this with Josie's, Philosophy. Ok it's thick. I get it. After once its gross. 

Anyway, I look at things because of the comments on these forums.

And you know, I actually thought I would wonder what Elemis is and maybe watch, but after the dress,

the dipping, the glasses, the weird grimmace, I just can't watch after a few minutes of just checking it out.

So weird. It just fits in with all the unappealing methods that QVC thinks are going to sell these days.

I completely agree. Who does this appeal to? I'm in my 30s- is it supposed to appeal to me? people younger? I just can't watch, even if I might be interested in the product.