Super Contributor

Has anyone done this??

I can no longer get eyelash extensions, as I suffer from Dermatitis afterwards - probably from the glue that they use.  My under eyes get puffy and pink and irritated.

Someone told me to try this - they do not use glue apparently,

I need help!!  My eyes are very deepset and small.

Loved the extensions - but can't deal with the dermatitus.

Also - anyone know of eye makeup remover for sensative skin?

Used baby oil, and also the water type eye remover.   Still gets my eyes pink.

Honored Contributor

@qvc chick   My advice for what it's worth, if your eyes are that sensitive, find a good tubing mascara and stay away from the lash tint, etc. I think you're looking for trouble. Heat to curl and dye to tint? Not a good idea....

Honored Contributor

Re: EYELASH LIFT AND TINT

[ Edited ]

@qvc chick wrote:

Has anyone done this??

I can no longer get eyelash extensions, as I suffer from Dermatitis afterwards - probably from the glue that they use.  My under eyes get puffy and pink and irritated.

Someone told me to try this - they do not use glue apparently,

I need help!!  My eyes are very deepset and small.

Loved the extensions - but can't deal with the dermatitus.

Also - anyone know of eye makeup remover for sensative skin?

Used baby oil, and also the water type eye remover.   Still gets my eyes pink.

@qvc chick @Try some false eyelashes. There are magnetic s that don't use glue. Plus, the glue used with extensions could be a different composition than the glue used with regular false eyelashes. There are also mascaras, including tubing mascaras. 

Before you do any of this, give your eyes a rest...up to a month. 

Try using a teenie bit of soap with warm water on a wash cloth to remove makeup or buy the makeup removing cloths that you use just water with. These aren't disposable. They are made of microfiber. No chemicals involved. Look at

1. A457599

Trusted Contributor

@qvc chick have you tried an eye makeup remover from Lancome or Clinique? When I wore contact lenses I had to be really careful what I used, Clinique worked really well for me. If you have a store with cosmetic counter they may have samples that they can give you to try the removers at home for a few times. I can use most things once but not multiple times.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Trusted Contributor

Not sure what a lift is but I've had mine tinted and had a bad reaction; I would just find a hypoallergenic mascara.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

A 'lift' is where a solution is applied on the lashes to make them curl upward on a tiny roller.  It's similar to what they use for perming your hair and it lasts for several weeks.

Respected Contributor

@qvc chick I have had a lash lift twice and a tint once. 

When I had the first one (with the tint), I was quite happy with the results because my eyelashes are very straight and this saved me having to use an eyelash curler which, I felt, was hard on my lashes. My lashes are dark, plus my mascara gives them their color anyway, so I didn't find that the tint made much of a difference and the cost was extra.. 

Several years later, I decided to get the lift done again but not the tint, as I felt it was an unnecessary step. I don't know if the esthetician just didn't have enough experience doing them (it wasn't somewhere where lashes was all they did) but it was a disaster. She used a roller that was too small in diameter, so the curl was so tight that my lashes curled back on themselves. I thought the curl might "relax" just as hair perms do (and this is a "perm" for your lashes) but it didn't, so I went back, about a week later, to have her straighten the too-tight curl. She applied a solution to accomplish this (again, just like what they would do for your hair) but now, my eyelashes, having been chemically processed twice, the were basically "fried" - burned and brittle - although the curl didn't relax much. I used castor oil on my lashes every night for two months, just to get them to look healthy again.

So, a word of warning, if you're going to have a lash lift (with or without tint) make sure you go to a reputable place where they have LOTS of experience doing them.  HTH

Respected Contributor

I don't need the lift, but I love the tint, especially if I'm going on vacation and water will be involved.  It's so nice not to have to pack eye makeup remover and worry about having mascara running down you face.  I also just had it done before having back surgery so I don't have to mess with all that.  You do need to find someone who knows what theiy're doing.

Honored Contributor

@qvc chick 

Kiss has new false lashes that are Press On. They do have some glue at the base but it is most likely different than the glue used with your extensions. Maybe it won't bother you. You can easily do four lashes or the ever-popular half lash look.

Screenshot_20230224_161845_Walmart.jpg

Honored Contributor

I forgot to add that they attach on the underside of your lashes then using the tool that comes with it you press the falsies into your real lashes