Honored Contributor

Re: EVINE is now charging tax. Bummer : (

@SahmIam.  There was a Supreme Court decision this summer which now requires all merchants selling on the Internet to collect sales taxes.  Evine has no choice but to collect it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SahmIam.  There was a Supreme Court decision this summer which now requires all merchants selling on the Internet to collect sales taxes.  Evine has no choice but to collect it.

@Kachina624: Does this mean that department stores which have no physical presence in my state must now collect sales tax when shipping items to me that l ordered online? 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

In our area they started two years ago  :-(

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Between the very high shipping and now tax at Evine, I will be deterred from shopping there. It just made my Skinn and Isomers purchases a thing of the past, will try to find deals on ebay on these.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

evine started charging tax  for WA. State a couple of years ago.... I ordered a whole lot of stuff prior to the the added tax now. 

@SeaMaiden

Wa state just started collecting tax from us at Evine in Jan. of this year.

Honored Contributor

I guess the IRS can't get people to report taxes on purchases so they are going to make everyone online start charging it. I think it's a bunch of BS. We are already taxed to death. Getting a break on online purchases is a good thing IMO. LOL!!! 

If our Executor did not have to pay outstanding taxes on us when we both die I would stop paying them several years in advance. Too bad we cannot get away with it even in death.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@SahmIam

The state you live in is charging tax. Not Evine. 

It is the government’s little gift to us all. 

@willdob3

IMO our government can keep this little gift. I don't want it. LOL!!!

Our gift of paying more taxes will be coming soon. Something a lot of people seem to be blind about.

Honored Contributor

@plmokn wrote:

Why shouldn't we all pay taxes? 

@plmokn

Why should we have to pay taxes at all It's our money we worked hard for so why does that government get part of it to waste IMO???

From what I remember taxes started during a war. The 16th Amendment was ratified to make them permanent. That should never have happened.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 Is this why EVINE didn't start collecting back in July when HSN and other online retailers started? I honestly thought it was because HSN and QVC were now under 1 roof and QVC has an outlet in my state. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't mind paying taxes. And I agree with the fact that online sites should be taxed just as B&M are taxed.

@suzyQ3

If you don't mind paying taxes I will send you ours to pay. LOL!!!