Honored Contributor

EVINE is now charging tax. Bummer : (

[ Edited ]

This was the last shopping site I knew of that wasn't charging tax on purchases. I purchased as ring a few weeks ago as a birthday gift to myself and it was tax-free. I had a few gold items saved in my cart and noticed that there is now tax plus shipping on all of them.

Those items will be staying in my cart for a LONG time. 

This will make a big difference going forward regarding SKINN and ISOMERS for me as well. 

Honored Contributor

Re: EVINE is now charging tax. Bummer : (

@SahmIam

The state you live in is charging tax. Not Evine. 

It is the government’s little gift to us all. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIamHas to be because your state changed something.  No company CHARGES tax -  they just COLLECT what your state requires.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops @willdob3  I don't care WHAT the reason is, the point is that it started today.  Funny, my state wasn't collecting when so many others were. I remember when HSN showed tax for the first time and it was amazing how many of use had never needed to do it.  EVINE appeared to be the last hold-out for whatever reason. 

In any event, the amount of tax definitely is a factor in not purchasing for me. "Wants" are just that and nothing more. Like I said, it's a bummer as it was nice to save a little something. Ah well.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SahmIamHas to be because your state changed something.  No company CHARGES tax -  they just COLLECT what your state requires.

Yes, it's true. This money gets paid to your state.

Respected Contributor

Just checked my account ,from iowa no tax. In July HSN started for me and it bummed me because it does make a difference . I can excuse Evine for  their high shipping  , but when i start getting taxed i will think twice.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I cannot jump from station to station.  I buy from QVC when I do purchase and once in a blue moon from HSN.  I always look for a good price.  JJill when they have sales is also very good.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

It depends on the state you live in.  If the state has a law requiring sales tax on online purchases, they have to pay it.  Currently, there are 10 states that require this according to my local news, and the requirement started today.  I imagine you can expect more states to jump on-board.  In my state it used to be the business had to have a physical presence in the state before they were required to collect it.  I know Amazon started charging tax for me last year, but I don't know if they had added a physical presence in our state or just got ahead of the game once it became an inevitablility.  

Valued Contributor

its bad. additional tax 

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam - its not just your state I think. I see taxes now at Evine too, this is the first for meWoman Mad Blame the recent supreme court ruling! Soon we all will head to the stores. Crazy shipping charges & now taxes too.