Honored Contributor

Re: ELISE AND ROSE MARIE SWIFT

@jackthebear wrote:

fyi

RMS is sold at the Blue Mercury near me, good for those who need to check the shades first 

@jackthebear   My Blue Mercury is far away, but will check online to see if shades are better explained. I'm hoping it comes to Nordstrom.Thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mimi NY wrote:

This morning was watching Elise with her Beauty Show from 7-9  as I regularly do and then to see her doing the  RMS show . Think Rose Marie Swift even enjoyed working with Elise,as I  too remember the first time I watched the premier show I remember that host did most of the talking and the vendor was not able to explain her product as she did this morning

5 ***** to Elise 5 ***** to Rose Marie Swift, hope to see them together doing more  show.

Elise is so professional and has become my favorite  not just with makeup shows ,but with whatever she is presenting .

@Mimi NY   I feel SK is "self absorbed" and her RMS presentations have seemed to be all about what shades she should wear and asking about placement for herself....no way to let us know Rose-Marie's approach to makeup...or make under. 

I do think and look forward to an RMS 2 hr. show, so every product gets enough time for shade explanation and placement and her reasoning behind why she created them and feels they are more flattering for women "of a certain age".

BTW, I don't like that reference and I don't use it with clients. I look at a woman's complexion and decide which products to use. Some women (like me at 73...OMG!) have few wrinkles or sagging skin because I've been following techniques of good skincare for many decades...started Retin A in my 30's, acids and montly facials by a derm who kept advising me along the way. I was lucky to be privy to new products as they hit the market and changed up as I got older to address any issues. 

Honored Contributor

RMS is also sold at Nordstrom and Anthropologie if either of those is closer.

My only comment is one I have stated on a previous RMS thread.  There is no one size fits all for application.  It depends on your face shape, eye shape, etc. as to where you should apply certain products to look best on you.

If I applied my blush so it didn't go below my nose, it would be up under my eyes.    

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

fyi

RMS is sold at the Blue Mercury near me, good for those who need to check the shades first 

@jackthebear   My Blue Mercury is far away, but will check online to see if shades are better explained. I'm hoping it comes to Nordstrom.Thanks.

FWIW I was not that impressed with the display but that is my personal evaluation 

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more. SK is so frenetic when hosting the rms show. Not only does she make me nervous, I think she does the same to Rose Marie! 😲

Elise Ivy did a nice job today. Kudos to her.

she is a no watch for me

I am sure Elise was much better

the other only talks about her shade b/c she does not prepare for her shows  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus - I have not yet tried this brand, but I did watch the RMS show with Elise. It is actually nice to hear the vendor explain and talk about their product during the presentation, including any tips a consumer might need/want.

Elise is top notch as a host and should be on way more than she is. Always prepared and calm when presenting an item.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@Shanus - I have not yet tried this brand, but I did watch the RMS show with Elise. It is actually nice to hear the vendor explain and talk about their product during the presentation, including any tips a consumer might need/want.

Elise is top notch as a host and should be on way more than she is. Always prepared and calm when presenting an item.

she is great but has to wait it out, KWIM