Respected Contributor

Re: Dry shampoo and curly/wavy hair?

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

Maybe just spray it on your scalp, flip your head, and fluff your fingers along your hairline without breaking up your curls? I think applying it at night is a good idea too. Good luck!

ETA: I think someone makes a dark-colored one, which also might work...but I know that doesn't help you with what you already have.

They do make a brunette dry shampoo, I have it for when I get my blow outs but how would that help the OP?  She still can't brush it so how would a brown powder stuck to her curls help her?  Not to mention that color is not going to be an exact match for her whatever her own color is.  

@chrystaltree you might have noted that my first suggestion was that she not spray it all over her curls. LOL. 

I agree @WenGirl42

I've never ever heard of using dry shampoo all over their head. It's meant to be used sparingly at the root area only. You then just fluff up the hair. It wouldn't disturb curls if you use your fingers. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for the replies.  I tried the dry shampoo again, but used very little and it worked a lot better.  I did a little at a time instead of just spraying willy nilly.  I think I will enjoy the product.  I certainly like the smell of it.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Regular Contributor

I have wavy hair & have been using Dove spray dry shampoo.It was highly recommended and I love it! It has no strong scent at all.I do as someone else said,only lightly spray it at my scalp (separating my hair) ,let it sit for a moment then massage my scalp a bit.I think the key is to use it only at the scalp!