Esteemed Contributor

Re: Drunk Elephant

[ Edited ]

@granny me wrote:

If you are a skincare lover, I recommend highly you try the Drunk Elephant line. I am using the entire line and my skin looks amazing. I am not saying my skin is line free or sagging has stopped, but I am saying my skin glows, my acne has been reduced to almost nil. I don't say this often about skincare, but this worth the price. I have never been a soap user but I use the peeka bar in the AM and JUJU in the evening. I have been using this line about three months and the Baby Facial about three weeks.

I am loving Drunk Elephant too @granny me. I never use soap on my skin because 99% of them aren't good for the skin at all because what makes them take the shape of a bar and stay solid is the very thing that leaves residue. The pH is also the real problem as it is way too alkaline and too high of a pH. Drunk Elephants soap aren't soaps and are made with wheat germ starch to create its solid shape. I really wasn't even going to get them as I am happy with my cleanser. They came in a kit and I absolutely love them. Everything I have tried I have really loved. Great brand. I cannot imagine not wanting to try this because you don't like the name. So silly.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

From the founder:

The name Drunk Elephant is rooted in a myth that says that elephants love to eat the fruit that has fallen from the Marula trees. Once eaten, fermentation occurs inside their very large tummies and the elephants become drunk!

Virgin Marula oil, straight from the "pip", can be found throughout our line. It is an oil that I believe is superior to ANY I’ve tried due to the high content of fatty acids and antioxidants. It soaks right in. I’m in love with it. The products are all safe, completely unscented and non-irritating. I hand-picked almost every ingredient in this line. There is no doubt about it, Drunk Elephant was developed with lots of care and love and a large dose of determination.

Drunk Elephant Skin Care represents what I would use on my own skin and what really works for me. It is safe, minimal, effective, and non-toxic, and I made sure that the key ingredients were added at the highest percentages possible for maximum efficacy.  I know I’ll be looking no further for the perfect skin care routine–for I have finally found it. I hope you will love the Drunk Elephant system; finding yourself looking forward to the ease of using it every day, getting real results and not wanting to be without it.

One of my motivations in developing Drunk Elephant was to minimize my children’s exposure to toxic chemicals, hormone-mimicking fragrances and natural allergic sensitizers that we as consumers do not understand well enough. I was also attracted to the concept of having healthy skin that ages naturally and gracefully.”

Respected Contributor

@granny me wrote:

If you are a skincare lover, I recommend highly you try the Drunk Elephant line. I am using the entire line and my skin looks amazing. I am not saying my skin is line free or sagging has stopped, but I am saying my skin glows, my acne has been reduced to almost nil. I don't say this often about skincare, but this worth the price. I have never been a soap user but I use the peeka bar in the AM and JUJU in the evening. I have been using this line about three months and the Baby Facial about three weeks.

Thanks @granny me I too love skincare and appreciate your recommendation and positive review. I purchased travel sizes of the vitamin C serum, b gel moisturizer, glycolic serum, marula oil and got a sample of the baby facial from Sephora. I also ordered the eye serum/cream and should receive it tomorrow. I tried the vitamin C serum and gel moisturizer this morning and am surprised by how quickly both items were absorbed by my skin... I hope that I'm using enough of both products. The only application size recommendation that I can find is for the sunscreen and Drunk Elephant  recommends using a dime size of it... about how much of each product do you use.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Valued Contributor

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@granny me wrote:

Thanks @granny me I too love skincare and appreciate your recommendation and positive review. I purchased travel sizes of the vitamin C serum, b gel moisturizer, glycolic serum, marula oil and got a sample of the baby facial from Sephora. I also ordered the eye serum/cream and should receive it tomorrow. I tried the vitamin C serum and gel moisturizer this morning and am surprised by how quickly both items were absorbed by my skin... I hope that I'm using enough of both products. The only application size recommendation that I can find is for the sunscreen and Drunk Elephant  recommends using a dime size of it... about how much of each product do you use.

I don't usually believe in high price skincare because injections will be the only thing that will give results. However, this line for me has been a game changer. It states that you can use the C-Firma, The Framboo serum, and the Hydra B all at the same time which is what i do. I take one full pump of each into my hand and mix it all together and it goes from forehead to chest and really work it in every night. The Baby facial I have used twice and it is also a keeper.

I am would not purchase the sunscreen or the eye cream I don't think they are anything special.

I hope you will see the same great results as I have.

Respected Contributor

@granny me wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@granny me wrote:

I don't usually believe in high price skincare because injections will be the only thing that will give results. However, this line for me has been a game changer. It states that you can use the C-Firma, The Framboo serum, and the Hydra B all at the same time which is what i do. I take one full pump of each into my hand and mix it all together and it goes from forehead to chest and really work it in every night. The Baby facial I have used twice and it is also a keeper.

I am would not purchase the sunscreen or the eye cream I don't think they are anything special.

I hope you will see the same great results as I have.

Thanks for taking the time to explain how you use these products! Knowledge is good! I did order the eye cream and a kit from Sephora for $25.00 that has the lip balm full size, a trial size of the sunscreen as well as a trial size of the Hydra B. I wanted to try the lip balm and the entire kit cost $3.00 more than the balm alone so I thought this would be a good way to these things. 

I think mixing the products will make it easier to apply because everything I've used so far sinks in so fast that it's hard to tell if I have covered my entire face, neck and chest.

Thanks again!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Regular Contributor

I love every DE product I have tried.  The bar soaps really surprised me the most.  I will never be without them.  I went crazy and bought almost the whole regimen around Christmas during a sale.  I cut out all other brands/products and my face glowed.  I felt guilty having so many other products to use up so I mix in others here and there trying to be done with them.  I think I have finally narrowed down my favorite skincare products and they come from DE and Paula's Choice. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the information and review.  I've heard about this  line and have been curious about it.  I think I will be checking it out.

Respected Contributor

I have only tried the c serum so far and I like it.  I started using it every day and after a few days my skin felt irritated so I have gone back to every other day or two.  I think I may have been using to much as I was applying too. At least I know it does do something, lol. 

Respected Contributor

@j-lou, thank you for the recommendation for the soaps. The word soap scares me with my dry skin but so many other women are raving about their soaps.I agree that I have cut out a lot of other lines just so that I can continue to purchase DE. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@j-lou, thank you for the recommendation for the soaps. The word soap scares me with my dry skin but so many other women are raving about their soaps.I agree that I have cut out a lot of other lines just so that I can continue to purchase DE. 

It is not actually "soap" in the terms we now use. It does not contain the ingredients that make up what we commonly use to make soap into a bar form which is what makes it bad for the skin like sodium cocoate and sodium palmate. Those make soap too alkaline and hurt the acid mantle of our skin. It uses wheat germ starch to create its solid state. It has the correct pH and does not leave the residue that regular soaps leave. Love this product! It surprised me as I was not even going try it because I love my current cleanser.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK