Honored Contributor

Apparently a lot of people have commented and asked her what her eyeshadow look is.  It comes from a Huda 9 pan that is no longer made but I put the same colors together today from my Huda Rose Quartz palette.  I really like it and will use it again.  It's a soft baby pink and a shimmer of the same color only a little darker.

Cherished and Joy on top.  Cherished is middle row, 4th from the left and Joy is top right corner.  Just for anyone that might be interested Smiley Happy

HUDA BEAUTY - Rose Quartz Eyeshadow Palette

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr Shreene Idress Eye Look

@monicakm - those are pretty colors.  I bet you look mahvelous!  How'd the Pre-Op appt go?

Honored Contributor

So, if her look comes from an eye palette that is no longer made, I'm guessing she doesn't follow the rules about throwing makeup away?

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I have no earthly idea.  And the video was an old one.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Pre-op went well.  Cleared for surgery.  My surgeon has finally warmed up and he's not the all-business type he used to be plus we'll have Patrick Mahomes in common.  He was at the same event we were.  And then there are 2 months to spend with my PT guy (g).  We have a good time.  And eight days of DH staying home, fixing breakfast every morning, and a rotating supply of ice packs and drugs.  It could be worse lol

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I have no earthly idea.  And the video was an old one.

@monicakm Oh, I thought it was a vendor on QVC selling something tonight.  I have no idea who she is.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Dr Idriss is a board-certified dermatologist in New York City.  She's been discussed on this board many times. She has brown eyes so in my opinion the pink looks better on her than it does on me. But I liked the look and will wear it again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   Yes, the pinks are her favorite shadows. There is a video (in her achives) with her makeup artist who does her makeup for special occasions and shows her choices from foundation to eye looks.... quite a natural and beautiful look. Of course, her skin is perfection and during the week, she rarely wears foundation because of she's wearing her mask. 

As I've mentioned here with shades of pink shadows, she also wears dark liner to keep from looking like the "pink rabbit eye" .... 

Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Idriss has mentioned Huda eye shadows before. Since she wears a mask at work, she uses redness relief serum fromTower 28 cosmetics to calm her skin. That was brought up in her recent Sephora sale video. Good point for those who deal with certain issues. 

BTW, not all doctors follow rules completely. Dr. Sam Elllis, another board certified dermatologist, has said that she doesn't always apply her sunscreen every two hours, depending on what event she's attending. Some rules need to be broken. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Dr Idriss is a board-certified dermatologist in New York City.  She's been discussed on this board many times. She has brown eyes so in my opinion the pink looks better on her than it does on me. But I liked the look and will wear it again.

@monicakm sorry, but just because she has been discussed on this board many times doesn't mean I paid attention or remember it. A lot of people get discussed on this and other boards.  I may recognize the name, but that doesn't mean I can tie the name to anything in particular.  So, I mistakenly thought since QVC had a beauty show on that maybe she was on and people were asking on Facebook.