Occasional Contributor

For those of you whom have shopped on her personal website you might want to check your credit card.  I saw complaints today that her site was compromised and people's numbers were taken.  

Respected Contributor

@bluestang03 wrote:

For those of you whom have shopped on her personal website you might want to check your credit card.  I saw complaints today that her site was compromised and people's numbers were taken.  

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr Denese Website

[ Edited ]

@bluestang03 wrote:

Thank you. I just ordered something today and will have to check it out.

I just tried to get on the page but my computer blocked me from going to it. Apparently, there is a big problem. Thanks for the info because this way I can keep a close watch on my pending charges with my credit card.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Dr Denese Website

[ Edited ]

You're welcome.  They say the issue was fixed around the 1st.  If you've ordered from them in the last month and entered your credit card info on her page chances are someone might have it.  

I am very disappointed in Dr Denese team as they haven't notified their customers about the breech.  Every time it is mentioned on social media ( at least three times so far) the info has been deleted by them.  Letting people know about this is so important but all they seem to be concerned about is hiding it.

Contributor

Someone has stolen my credit card number & I did shop on her website.  Why didn't her company contact each customer personally to let them know of this situation?  Fortunately, my credit card company caught it and canceled my card. 

Occasional Contributor

@SKJCPA wrote:

Someone has stolen my credit card number & I did shop on her website.  Why didn't her company contact each customer personally to let them know of this situation?  Fortunately, my credit card company caught it and canceled my card. 

she did finally make a statement about it on her Facebook page.  Might want to check it out if your info was stolen.

Contributor

I don't see where she has commented about the situation on her facebook page.  Maybe I didn't go back far enough.  Does anyone know approximately what date she addressed the problem?

Esteemed Contributor

I would totally avoid even visiting her brand's website as I don't think it's safe. It's probably been hacked or hijacked and you could get malware on your computer by just visiting that website.

Frequent Contributor

I bought something from Dr. Denese in Feb and my credit card had 4 fraudulent charges.  So my card numbers were hacked and used.  I disputed the charges and closed the card.  I am waiting for my new card to arrive.  Thank you all for letting me know about this.  I did not see anything on her facebook page.  I will NEVER order form her again.  Only from QVC!  It is just not worth the risk!

Occasional Contributor

@SKJCPA wrote:

I don't see where she has commented about the situation on her facebook page.  Maybe I didn't go back far enough.  Does anyone know approximately what date she addressed the problem?

My apologies.  It's on her fan page.  Here's it is:

My Dear Friends
I had many sleepless nights recently and let me tell you why. We had a security issue on our site. Magenta, the trading platform notified us and sent us a security patch that they made for this exact problem. We installed it Feb 9. So after Feb 9 we do not have any issues. However, the hacked cards are just beginning to be abused so some of you are struggling with the problem. It is a nightmare I know. I do not even know what to say to apologize.
We are moving into a safer platform in the next few days. Plus we did everything magenta told us to do. It is a nightmare I know I just want you to know how sorry I am and that I am hiring the best minds to take care of it.
Love you All
AD