Trusted Contributor

South Seas Island Glow Instant Body Bronzer

[ Edited ]

I received this yesterday and was happy to get it. I tried it this afternoon on my arms just to get an idea of how it went on and looked. It was on Shawn's show last week I think. I really like the bronze color, it looks natural and dried nicely. Not to glittery. I am not     sure if it would rub off on clothing or not. There's a big BUT... it is too perfumey!!! OMG I have a headache. I am sensitive to fragrances I will admit but .. wow. Am I the only one sensitive to frangrances? I don't know why companies do that. It's not even like a coconut type fragrance which I guess would make sense since it's a tanning/bronzer. It is perfume. Glad I did't wear it to work or somewhere out. I will be taking a shower soon. IF I return it, that will be the only reason. I like self tanners somewhat  but thought this would be just a little color on my arms & chest. Self tanner only seems to darken my freckles and age spots. 

Respected Contributor

Re: South Seas Island Glow Instant Body Bronzer

@KCDiva  Funny because I was going to start a thread earlier today asking if anyone had tried this.  Smiley Happy  I saw the presentation, and thought it looked great, but I wanted to read some reviews before ordering.  Sorry to hear about it being "perfumey."  That's kind of a concern for me.  Did you notice the scent subsiding at all?  

Also, would you say the "shimmer" in the product is more of a "glow?"  I know the description mentions "a formula that gives you an instant, shimmering, exotic glow." I didn't really see any "shimmer" in the presentation - just a pretty glow - but thought I would ask, since you mentioned you didn't think it was too "glittery."  I don't mind a little "shimmer," but sometimes a little "shimmer" looks like a lot of "shimmer" in the sunlight! 

Hope you update, if you decide to try it a second time.  Thanks, again !

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I had that item in my cart and then cancelled when they said shimmer.I really don't want to shimmer just Bronze.I am glad that I didn't order now that you said it was very scented.

Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I received this yesterday and was happy to get it. I tried it this afternoon on my arms just to get an idea of how it went on and looked. It was on Shawn's show last week I think. I really like the bronze color, it looks natural and dried nicely. Not to glittery. I am not     sure if it would rub off on clothing or not. There's a big BUT... it is too perfumey!!! OMG I have a headache. I am sensitive to fragrances I will admit but .. wow. Am I the only one sensitive to frangrances? I don't know why companies do that. It's not even like a coconut type fragrance which I guess would make sense since it's a tanning/bronzer. It is perfume. Glad I did't wear it to work or somewhere out. I will be taking a shower soon. IF I return it, that will be the only reason. I like self tanners somewhat  but thought this would be just a little color on my arms & chest. Self tanner only seems to darken my freckles and age spots. 

I too am extremely sensitive to perfume. I ordered this but have not received it.

I have a feeling it will be going back. I don't understand why companies use such

heavy fragrances in their products.

Trusted Contributor

I hate to be a Debbie Downer on this because I really liked it. I would hands down be keeping it and wearing it if it wasn't for the fragrance. I am very sensitive to fragrances so maybe I should have been wary but I really didn't think about it. It was not glittery, more of a shimmer glow. I held my arms in the sunlight just to see what it would look like and I liked it. I even put a small dab on my nose and cheekbones to look like I got a little sun and it looked nice. I don't put shimmer anywhere near my face as it ages me terribly. I hope I don't steer anyone wrong on this. If you don't mind fragrances and like perfumes, this would probably not bother you. And the size of the tubes would last forever with the small amount you would probably use. I guarantee you if you order it and don't like it due to the fragrance they will most likely not charge you return shipping. I even got a call from QVC customer service this morning asking me about it. I just said it was way to strong for me. I guess because it's a new product and I had an issue with it. If anyone gets it, I would love a review. I would have liked it.  

Trusted Contributor

@castle- not sure where your post went.

Contributor

Hi @KCDiva,

My post is the fourth one on this thread.

This product looked too good to be true. Hopefully I won't  find

the scent too overpowering. I will post a review here once I try it out.

Have a good day!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

KCDiva, Thanks for the update.  Still debating on if I should give it a try, but the fragrance issue is making me lean towards "no."   I'm glad to hear it doesn't look too shimmery in the sunlight, though.  Thanks for letting me know. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

I really appreciate when I can get an opinion from someone on a product. The reviews can be so confusing. I've gotten a lot of good info on this forum. Have a great evening!
Honored Contributor

Why oh WHY do these morons insist on putting fragrances in skin and face products?   Who needs perfume on their face?    

Fragrance is an IRRITANT and the best skin care lines are all unscented.    Send it back and give that as the reason.  Hopefully, they will get the message.