Super Contributor

Does the Chi "styling iron" really volumize?

I just want to add height to the hair around my hairline and crown. No big hair, no waves, just height/lift.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Does the Chi ""styling iron"" really volumize?

It does for me.

Super Contributor

On 12/19/2014 okiebug said:

It does for me.

Thanks so much! I'll give it a try. :-)

Regular Contributor

I have very fine thin hair and it works fabulously!

Super Contributor

Do the little ""roll"" motion at the roots like the vendor demonstrates and you'll be impressed.

Lola
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Maren and Ladies for this thread. I have a T3 iron with the rounded iron bed and have loved it. Can't find a replacement in the same size or with the rounded iron. Sounds like this might work as well.
Super Contributor

Thanks, everybody! I ordered it last night (based on your encouragement) and this morning, while fighting with a new cut I don't love, thought "I can hardly wait until that Chi gets here! :-)

And Breea, my hair has become extremely fine and thin, so that was extra good to know!

Respected Contributor

I bought this a few weeks ago. It does work much better at volume than my Coriolis I picked up at the other channel several years ago. I also have the Babyliss ultra thin titanium. The titanium plates make all the difference in the quality of smoothing and curl you get, plus they allow for the hair to glide so well over it compared to the ceramic plates and all. I have super fine, super thick just below my chin hair. It has been heavily razor-ed and thinned, so there are many, many layers and this works well on all of them and provides more lift at the roots. I do that little quarter turn at the root level and keep the curl at the end.

Frequent Contributor

I use my Chi and in conjunction with the Chi I roll with Velcro rollers. It lifts the crown very well. I love my Chi.