Super Contributor

I got the birthday gift from Sephora because I always wanted to try that brand, but it's expensive.  I like the way my hair looks using just the shampoo.  However, I really need a thickening shampoo for thinning hair.  Does anyone use their products and do you recommend one of their thickening shampoos?  And how do you pronounce that name anyway?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Use Kerastase?

@appm   I used an expensive thickening shampoo and it worked really great the first time.  After than it was downhill.  It was drying.  I am returning it.  I am going back to my old time favorite Aquage Thickening Spray Gel.  It's a fine mist and you spray on damp hair and comb through.  It works wonders.  I have been using at least 7-10 years now.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I love Kerestase products!  Yes it is expensive but it's one of my little luxuries.  I use the Discipline Smoothing shampoo & conditioner in the orange bottle. 

I've also used a few of their other shampoos but this is the one I am currently using and all have been nice.  I also like their extra hold hairspray.  It's the best that I've ever used and holds well without feeling sticky.

Super Contributor

@Katcat1 Thanks for that tip.  I just looked it up and it looks good.  About the same price as Kerastase.  It is available at Ulta so I'll try it.  Thanks again.

BTW - I get some really great info from your posts.

Super Contributor

@haddon9 Thanks for your reply.  So many choices!  I'm going to give both Kerastase and Aquage a try.  (I hope they both have try-me bottles.)

Honored Contributor

@appm I did notice that Sephora offers a lot of travel sized shampoo & conditioner in the Kerastase brand.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have thinning hair with a little body. About 6 months ago I received Kerastase Resistance Strengthening shampoo sample. I liked it so I bought a full bottle. It is the best shampoo I ever used. My hair has so much body and just feels good. I know it is expensive but you use a very small amount and the bottle is large. For extra body I spray on Boldify hair thickening spray by brand Hollywood. If you choose to try Kerastase buy it from Sephora so you can return it if not satisfied.

Respected Contributor

I get salon hair straighening treatments that require that I use a sulfate free shampoo otherwise it diminishes the effectiveness. Kerastase is not sulfate free. My DIL uses the line and loves it.

Trusted Contributor

My hair salon uses Kerastase products and I tried them a number of years back and I did not like them.  I thought they were too heavy for my hair.  I tried them again and I am now using products from the Genesis line.  This line is supposed to treat hair fall out due to breakage from brushing.  I have been using about a month or two now and  I do seem to be  experiencing less fall out.  Their heat protectant products are good too.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor  Kerastase offers 4 different shampoos that are sulfate free. When I straightened my hair I too would use sulfate free shampoo. I also always purchased sulfate not to strip hair color.  This time I went with the strengthening shampoo which I do not think is sulfate free and yet my hair color never looked so good and does not fade. Who knew?