Honored Contributor

Re: Do you put blush on your nose?

@Shanus @AngelPuppy1 @haddon9 

I just realized I didn't answer the question! 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Wayne Goss DOES apply the blush stick to his nose in the video... which made me think of it!

IMG_2620.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Yes, in the summertime, a very light brush stroke near the bridge where I would normally get a sun kiss. I know many say a definite NO but it works for me so I do it.

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of factors come into play here. If your skin tone has a lot of red, the last thing needed is blush all over. The face shape dictates where blush or bronzer is placed, too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me it depends on the time of year for when to apply my blush on my nose for a summertime sunkissed look. During the winter, blush on my nose would just make me look like I'm cold or experiencing a cold or a flu. 🤒

I put bronzer on my nose mostly, not so much blush.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  No matter what I see on YT, I still have to do "me".

I wear glasses with black frames (not as big as SK) but which are obvious on fair skin and a head full of white hair...think Rose Marie Swift.

If I put on more blush than needed high on cheek bones on my small face, I'd look flushed and red. 

***Wow, lots of typos edited.... think I need an eye exam!

Honored Contributor

I do not apply blush on my nose. It's my understanding that blush shouldn't go any further inward than even with the pupil. Maybe that's changed from the old school way I learned.  I have a medium skintone and will use a light or medium bronzer in the E-3 technique.  I use the lighter as contour on the sides of my nose. (when I think of it).  I keep the bronzer light so it doesn't look like I have mud in my face.  Blush goes on the cheek, even with the pupil and swept back and upward.  I have seen where some people will recommend sweeping the blush up towards the temple. I have tried that a few times, but haven't decided if I like it or not.  

Honored Contributor

Since a teenager decades and decades ago.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Yes, I sweep blush across the middle of the bridge of my nose, where the sun would hit. I keep it subtle and I think it gives a youthful look.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Be careful with this.  You may end up looking like either a drunk on a bender or the victim of a horrid cold.  I wouldn't do it.

Maybe a touch on the forehead?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've never put blush on my nose. Don't think I would do it. My nose tends to look a bit red due to allergies in Spring, Summer, & Fall so I try to camouflage that.