Honored Contributor
On 1/1/2014 beachie said:

I tried the clarisonic and it was too strong even with the sensitive head. She asked me if I had one yesterday. My face broke out and took two days for the red to go away. I don't know if I should try it again. Sure would save in the long run.

I have several friends who get them monthly. Their faces are always red and they appear more broken out since they started getting facials. I won't get them.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I've never had one but I have prettty good skin. It seems like an expensive splurge when I can buy one beauty item that will last me along time for the same price.

Honored Contributor

I've had a number of facials at the salon/spa my DD used to work at. They were an incredible experience. The only thing I didn't care for was when the aesthetician told me I had congested pores. She tried to do extractions and nothing came out. No wonder - they were sebaceous hyperplasia. DD switched salons so I don't go anymore. It's OK though, I have my SH under control now and because I'm now using oils in my skincare routine, every night when I massage my cleanser and treatment oils into my face I try to employ some of the techniques I recall and it's very reminiscent of the spa facial experience.

Respected Contributor

I tried the clarisonic and it was too strong even with the sensitive head. She asked me if I had one yesterday. My face broke out and took two days for the red to go away. I don't know if I should try it again. Sure would save in the long run.

You should try the acne head. It is much more plush than the sensitive skin one. The bristles are softer and fuller, plus don't use it every day. Start once per week or a few times per week. This will give your skin a rest. Also don't use much pressure. Also as it flushes the gunk out, you may break out until all the pores are clear.

Frequent Contributor

I recently had a ""Fire and Ice"" facial in LA. It was very nice and I would love to do it monthly if I can arrange it in my budget.It made my skin hust glow and it made pores appear smaller and my skin looks tighter. happy!

Super Contributor
It's a wonderful way to relax. I don't have the time or the budget for facials, but if you do, enjoy and unwindSmiley Happy
Valued Contributor
I used to go every other month, but have really good skin, use RX retin a and my Mia, and my derm told me save my $$$ and get a massage instead! I do get a massage twice a month!
Respected Contributor

I do my own, usually on Sunday afternoons, but I have done them during the week while in a long, hot bath for stress reduction. I use an avocado mask, a volcano mud mask, a 100% Pure seaweed mask, those little packet you get at the store, mainly the detoxing ones, or from Sally's. I buy a few and alternate between them. Right now the avocado, volcano ( you mix it with apple cider vinegar and it gets hard, but pulls so much out) and the seaweed one. I did a facial kit for our family's Dirty Santa with those packets and little bits. You can do a lot for $20. I do my Clarisonic in the shower at night, so that counts in my book!

Occasional Contributor
On 1/1/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Others here who experienced the same reaction are loving the Foreo Luna. Just put it in the search bar to find the threads.

Thank you I'm going to try right now

Occasional Contributor
I love getting facials. I don't go often simply due to the cost. I love the feeling. I love how my skin looks and glows. If it was possible I would go every few months.