Honored Contributor

The jury is still out for me I don't know if I'm crazy about cleansing balms. I have only used two, Clinique and IT. Now it could be I have had the IT balm a long time (I hoard skincare) I don like the smell I wonder if it turned? Either way I like the Clinique one better but I'm not sure I will buy either one again. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Like Cleansing Balms

I love cleansing balms, I always use one for my first cleanse.  I wear a full face of makeup every day so I need something that cleaneses really well.  I haven't tried the IT, but like the Clinique though it's not my favorite.  My favorite is the Wishful one by Huda Beauty.  I've seen good reviews on a lot of ones that are less expensive though.  I'm sure some of the ladies on this board will have good suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I do like cleansing balms.  Have used the Elemis and the ELF and liked both.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm currently using Signature Club A Meltdown, which is a cream consistency.  It's really quite nice, gets everything off, and smells terrific.  Before that, I was consistently using Banilla Co. Clean It Zero (in the pink jar) for quite a long time.  It's reasonably priced and works very well.  I will likely get back to it one day.  

Trusted Contributor

I have tried Clinque and ELF.  I prefer the ELF of those two.  The Clinque doesn't smell good to me and it is much more expensive.  I have been on the look out for the new cerave cleansing balm but have not tried it yet.  I think balms remove like cleansing oils.  

Honored Contributor

I remember using the Signature Club A a while back it always burned my eyes. Elemis and e.l.f cleansing balms must be at different ends of the spectrum when it comes to cost. 

Honored Contributor

No !! I like a good foaming cleanser!!

Respected Contributor

Yes I love mine!  I have tried Clinique (made my face burn) and IT long ago when it 1st showed up at Q...again made my face burn.  So I gave up for several yrs UNTIL HSN had on Beauty Spy with a huge size of their balm.  This one I can use and it works so well.  They usually have it on sale and free shipping.  

I use it to remove foundation and then follow up with my second cleanse of Vancream Gentle Facial Wash (I was using Purity for yrs and recently switched to this one a few days ago).

Respected Contributor

Like JLF, I too was using Zero.  I still do on occasion but will not repurchase.  I'm over them.  I have nothing bad to say but just prefer my other cleansers.  

Respected Contributor

I've used various cleansing balms. They removed face makeup but not eye makeup. A second different cleanser was needed, followed by a toner to remove final traces. Too much.

Then I discovered microfiber cleansing cloths. Game changer. Takes off everything including eye makeup with just water. 
If I run a pad saturated with toner over my face, absolutely no traces of makeup remain. 

Harmonize the World