Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Enjoy Your Skincare Regimen?

"Enjoy" ???  Can't say that - it's just something has has to be done 2X a day.  Mine is simple.  Wash face with cleanser and washcloth, then apply either Vitamin C serum (A.M.) or Retinol cream (P.M.)   Easy peezy.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

No, I don't.  I'm just doing the basics.  I can't use anything "fun", interesting or really helpful, so I find I have to look for plain and boring things which do nothing but cleanse and moisturize a bit --- and hopefully do not cause irritation or a reaction!  Most days I am not particularly happy with what I see looking back at me in the mornings!  In the evenings I'm tired and it's just another "chore" to complete before I hop into bed!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV 

You don't have to use any type of cleanser or soap on your face to get it clean?  I hear people say ---oh, I just splash cool water on my face and that's it and I think, really?  How does that work?? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy the results more, and nobody else is going to do it....so I just do it. Presently, I do like all the things I'm using. Which are not just 1 or 2!

One thing I've learned, whatever you put into something, that's what you get out of it. I don't mind taking whatever time is necessary.

Respected Contributor

I guess I'm not that in to the whole skincare routine thing, so "enjoying" it is not a term I'd use. More like basic hygene and cleanliness. I wash my face and apply moisturizer first thing in the morning and at bedtime. That's it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@MoJoV 

You don't have to use any type of cleanser or soap on your face to get it clean?  I hear people say ---oh, I just splash cool water on my face and that's it and I think, really?  How does that work?? 

@AngelPuppy1  @MoJoV  If you don't use any skincare or spf, yes, a spalsh of water could maybe do it, but all skin produces oils, collect bacteria from the air and touching your face. It's always a good idea to use some type of cleanser/toner to clean your face. With Covid now? I'm extra careful about hygiene. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I wouldn’t really say that I enjoy it. It isn’t something I’d be likely to do if I didn’t know it was good for my skin.

I enjoy watching movies and sleeping in on Saturday mornings... 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3  and others: A little sermon here....it shouldn't take that long to do the bare minimum. Cleanse and moisturize and use an spf. You can mix your sunscreen and moisturizer together before applying or find a one product that does both. At night, cleanse and moisturize. All wrinkle/line preventing products can be eliminated if you really dislike the process. 

Maybe for me, it's just become a part of the day routine of showering, getting dressed or getting ready for bed. It's either a priority or not. I can say, you only can receive results if you put even a little time into it. Some women don't find it a priority. Personal choice always. 

What does puzzle me is the women who just spash with soap and water and then whine about looking older. There are products to ease/plump the lines, fade spots and give a clear, brighter complexion. ***Notice I didn't say firm and lift. No miracle creams up my sleeve.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I learned the hard way to use multi tasking products and limit them. I tossed so many products! I don’t need 16 layers of product on my skin and I certainly don’t have the time to apply thst many! 

I don't dislike skincare routines; they are just things that need to be done. My skin looks and feels better when I take care of it. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Shanus 

I learned the hard way to use multi tasking products and limit them. I tossed so many products! I don’t need 16 layers of product on my skin and I certainly don’t have the time to apply thst many! 

I don't dislike skincare routines; they are just things that need to be done. My skin looks and feels better when I take care of it. 

@willdob3   I didn't intend to insult anyone. My routine is so simple, too. I paired it down, even now when I have lots more time being home more. I love multi-tasking products. Just found a new sunscreen by ELTA MD called RESTORE. it has moisturizers, peptides, etc....lots of good things for your skin and eliminates many other steps.