Honored Contributor
@tbird wrote:

Do you use a moisturizer before or after the oils?

The easiest thing is to put your moisturizer in your palm and then drip a few drops of oil onto it and then smush it all together before applying. But don't try to do that with a silicone based moisturizer. They wouldn't mix nicely.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I  use  Marula oil and it has minimized the look of fine lines and prevents lines from forming because I have not added any new lines since using.  The ladies above gave you the right information about moisturizing.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor
No. Oils do not “hydrate”. Hydration means presence of water.
Trusted Contributor

This may be a really dumb question, but if you apply oil immediately after showering or washing your face, that that trap in the hydration from the water?  I do normally apply rosehip seed oil right immediately after I get out of the shower when my skin is still softened by the water and steam and I’ve thought my skin was well hydrated...thanks for the input.

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

This may be a really dumb question, but if you apply oil immediately after showering or washing your face, that that trap in the hydration from the water?  I do normally apply rosehip seed oil right immediately after I get out of the shower when my skin is still softened by the water and steam and I’ve thought my skin was well hydrated...thanks for the input.

Yes! That's a really good way to keep moisture in the skin. I'm using an oil that says to do that in the directions on the bottle. @Mrsq2022

Respected Contributor

Oils has helped my skin rashes and other conditions