Honored Contributor

Distracting Nail Polish

[ Edited ]

We've had several discussions about this recently so I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Vanessa Herring's nails for her jewelry show early this morning. 

They looked like daggers, they were so long and were painted the color of turquoise stones with matrix added for realism.  Never saw anything like it. They were the ultimate in distracting.  They were so long, when she picked up a ring to show it the nails hid the ring and you couldn't even see it.  I could not name one piece of jewelry she showed, I just saw fingernails. 

I imagine she was trying to fit in with today's theme but what was she thinking?

Is this not a sight to behold?

Screenshot_20230323_140706_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I like a lot of the nail colors the hosts wear. However, when they are on air I feel a very neutral color is best. It's not a good sales tactic if  your eyes keep looking at the nails and not the item. 

Trusted Contributor

To me they looked tacky, no matter the reason for them. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

I have noticed her nails and no I'm not a fan of these kind of nails on any host.....

Honored Contributor

In all fairness, Vanessa did a really good presentation but she overdid the hair and nails.  They probably told the hosts to look their best and that was her interpretation. 

Respected Contributor

I did not see Vanessa this morning but saw her on Facebook after your post. I thought she looked pretty and did a good job hosting.

Honored Contributor

I remember when QVC would only allow beautiful classy nails and colors the likes of Kathy Levine many years ago.  

Check in on her Diamonique program if you haven't seen them.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Distracting Nail Polish

[ Edited ]

I like Vanessa but I do find her nails totally inappropriate for her job. And I am one that has long , nails but not like hers. 

Some of the JTV hosts have nails that are way too long but always polished in a pale non distracting shade. 

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I remember when QVC would only allow beautiful classy nails and colors the likes of Kathy Levine many years ago.  

Kathy Levine wore long painted nails as a QVC host. If someone does not find Vanessa's beautiful that is on them. If someone is distracted by a host nails that too is on them.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee    I remember Kathy saying she'd be getting a memo when she wore red nails at Christmas.