Honored Contributor

Discovered a New Nars Product

And it too will be going in my Sephora basket for their Fall sale.  I have a sample card of Nars Pure Radiant Moisturizer.  Wore it today for the first time.  OMGoodness!  Nars now holds my #1 spot for both foundation and tinted moisturizer.  Lancome is #1 foundation for special occasions but Nars is for everything else.  It was beautiful and took very little.  I might have enough for two more uses from the one "bubble" sample.  The lightest color on the card was Alaska.  It looked fine but I don't know if it will be the color I buy till I look at all the colors on Sephora.  Alaska is light with warm undertones and I normally wear light with neutral undertones.  $46/1.9oz

NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mykonos 1.9 oz/ 50 mL

NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mykonos 1.9 oz/ 50 mL

Honored Contributor

Re: Discovered a New Nars Product

Well, they don't have a light with neutral undertones or anything else that sounds better than the sample I have (Alaska).  The color was good (light with warm undertones) so I guess I'll go with that.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I checked this out in store. There seems to no "neutral" shades especially fair neutral which is usually my shade. So, a pass for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like Nars concealer. Will pass on their tinted moisturizer or foundation. The one that might go in my basket for the sale is Caliray tinted moisturizer. I liked the samples I received and will be tempted if I can get it at a discount price. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

What is your skin type?  Normal, oily, or dry?  And if you don't mind me asking, what kind of skincare do you use under your makeup?  I have never had a Caliray tinted moisturizer sample or foundation (if they make one).  I can easily see myself using the Nars tinted moisturizer all the time.  It looks like my skin but perfected.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@teganslaw 

What is your skin type?  Normal, oily, or dry?  And if you don't mind me asking, what kind of skincare do you use under your makeup?  I have never had a Caliray tinted moisturizer sample or foundation (if they make one).  I can easily see myself using the Nars tinted moisturizer all the time.  It looks like my skin but perfected.

My skin is mostly dry, but I occasionally have an oily spot near my nose. So combination? The skincare routine under makeup: 

morning: rinse face with cool water, follow with Korres Yoghurt gel cream nourishing moisturizer (Neutrogena sunscreen first if I plan on being outside for  along time). At times when I don't wear skin tint I apply Glow Recipe dew drops as a serum.

Night: wash with gentle cleanser, either elf Pure Skin or Korres yoghurt foaming cleanser. (it doesn't provide much foam, but is gentle). I use elf Pure Skin moisturizer or Korres wild rose sleeping moisturizer. Twice a week at night I apply Ordinary lactic acid serum. I don't use moisturizer with the LA; just the serum by itself. 

When my skin feels irritated due to stress or something unknown, I apply Aveeno Calm and Restore serum, which helps. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I like Nars concealer. Will pass on their tinted moisturizer or foundation. The one that might go in my basket for the sale is Caliray tinted moisturizer. I liked the samples I received and will be tempted if I can get it at a discount price. 

@teganslaw The Sale?  What sale?

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess  Sephora is having a holiday sale in November of this year. I don't know the exact dates. 

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

I've been wearing this in the shade St. Moritz for several years now.  The product came about 12 years ago.  It truly has a BEAUTIFUL skin like finish and it is long wearing for a TM which is unusual.  I love it!

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed 

Nice to hear from someone else who loves this TM.  And you're right about the skin like finish and LONG wear.  I couldn't believe it.