Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in SKINN's 7 piece Winter Recovery kit :-(

Allergic reactions are one thing, but I don't understand expecting any skin care line to work in a week.

I've been using SKINN for about 14 months now and have seen wonderful results. I certainly did not see them within a week, or even a month.

Skin cells have a turnover rate of what, 30 days? How can you expect real results in anything less than that?

Super Contributor

I'm super bummed. I didn't order this kit, but I did order a 3 (or 4) piece eye kit that never came. After waiting for 30 minutes for a customer service rep I was able to get a refund, but I wanted the kit! By the time I finally got a rep I didn't feel like bothering with another though.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/3/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Allergic reactions are one thing, but I don't understand expecting any skin care line to work in a week.

I've been using SKINN for about 14 months now and have seen wonderful results. I certainly did not see them within a week, or even a month.

Skin cells have a turnover rate of what, 30 days? How can you expect real results in anything less than that?

You are correct. You need at LEAST one month to see but it is best to even go two or 3 to get full effects.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I ordered the youth cream last June and was not able to use it during the summer it clogged my pores but now that my skin is dry I tried it again and I think it has saved my skin this winter. I have not battled any flakes since I started using it a month ago. It definitely is a rich cream I use his serum first then the cream. The most I want and expect from my creams is a moisturized face so I am not one that expects to see changes. Although your face shouldn't be drier. Since you have it I would try just using the serum and cream first then incorporate everything else. You might of done this already so just a thought. I liked the dermapeel. I still have a couple of his things I need to try. Maybe this weekend.
Respected Contributor

On 1/3/2014 PalmTree11 said:

I'm super bummed. I didn't order this kit, but I did order a 3 (or 4) piece eye kit that never came. After waiting for 30 minutes for a customer service rep I was able to get a refund, but I wanted the kit! By the time I finally got a rep I didn't feel like bothering with another though.

His eye mango mask gets raves. I haven't ordered this yet but might later in the year to see what the fuss is all about.
Contributor

On 1/3/2014 PalmTree11 said:

You should contact Skinn directly, either through Facebook (which I did) or by calling 1-800-DIMITRI. I received a kit I didn't order and didn't receive the one I had ordered. Calling ShopNBC was useless, so I wrote to Skinn on Facebook. They sent me the correct kit within a few days at no charge. They were very friendly and helpful.

Super Contributor

As I said, I wasn't expecting to see results this quickly, but I definitely was not expecting to feel "my skin looks kinda bad". That's never happened before. Also, as I said, I was committed to stick with it until I'd used it all up (and I got BIG sizes), but if I find myself looking in the mirror every day thinking my skin is looking still duller and parched, I'm going to move one. I'm in for a few more days, but if it continues in this direction, just not going to subject myself to that.
Super Contributor

On 1/3/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

You are correct. You need at LEAST one month to see but it is best to even go two or 3 to get full effects.

I understand that, but did you read my OP? Would you keep with a product line where after a few days you looked in the mirror and thought "what's wrong with my skin?" -- and it got incrementally worse subsequently? I've always hung in there, but have never seen a NEGATIVE result like this. Nothing harsh, no off the wall allergic reaction, just seeing my skin look worse every day.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/3/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 1/3/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

I understand that, but did you read my OP? Would you keep with a product line where after a few days you looked in the mirror and thought "what's wrong with my skin?" -- and it got incrementally worse subsequently? I've always hung in there, but have never seen a NEGATIVE result like this. Nothing harsh, no off the wall allergic reaction, just seeing my skin look worse every day.

I haven't looked up the products to see what the ingredients are but this is not uncommon with retinols, AHA's and some anti-aging type of products. Sometimes they actually make the skin look worse (as in dry, flaky,etc...) before you start to see the benefits. Do any of these products contain these type of ingredients? I will look them up when I get a chance to see what kind of ingredients they have in them.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Sorry you are not happy with the kit. My skin loves the Collagenesis line, but then my skin is so dry it would soak up anything. I have seen some positive results, but it took awhile.

If you decide to return, SHOP is great for fast return credits, and you never get "the letter" either. Hope you can find what works best for you.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey