Regular Contributor
I know the the official direction to the oils is to use 4 droppers, massage in and leave overnight. However, because I really enjoy my seasonal oils I've been doing it another way for the past few seasons. My hair is very big, dry and curly and doesn't ever look heavy or greasy with too much product. In fact, it's the opposite, if I don't have enough it will look like a giant cotton ball. So I have been using a dropper full of oil on my scalp every night. Every third day I wash my hair so I basically accumulate up to 3 droppers before I wash over the course if three days. I guess you can say I constantly have an oil treatment going on lol.. Plus the oil I add to my leave in and styling creme. My question is this: Do any of you think that I am maybe over doing it? Or that maybe I am not getting as much benefit from it because I'm not using enough at a time? (The full four droppers?) is this okay or should I change what I'm doing?
Super Contributor

Re: Different approach to oils

If it's working for you, why would you change a thing? Everyone uses WEN and the assorted products differently. I don't believe there is any "one" way to do anything (especially when it comes to WEN).

Respected Contributor

I put a the oils on my scalp almost every other night. Maybe a dropper or so and massage it in. I cleanse every 4 days. I think that really benefits me. Then when I really want to do a full-on oil treatment, I do the four droppers and cleanse the next day. You gotta do what works for you.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Occasional Contributor

I've got short boy-hair, but I usually put 1 dropper full on my scalp nightly, as I cleanse daily. I can tell when I use the oils and when I don't, so even 1 dropper-full makes a noticeable difference, for me, at least.

Esteemed Contributor

If it works for you, and it sounds like it does, keep doing it!

I'm going to increase my TT Oil use between cleansing because I am seeing such good results.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.