Honored Contributor

Re: Demetri Skinn Vendor on Evine Live

Holy cow, I just tuned in.  What in the h#!!?  Is that a real or fake tan?  If it's real, what the heck does he think he's doing to his skin?

I won't even mention the hair.

Cat Tongue

I just heard him say that he knows "how to fix" his skin?  After all that sun exposure?  REALLY?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Respected Contributor

I have been watching him since he was on HSN with Parthena.  I see so much that has changed it's hard for me to believe skin products could do that.  I think he's had professional work done like so many others that make their living selling products.  His black hair really isn't doing a thing for him.  Just my opinion.  He makes good skin care and he's a fantastic sales person.  Wish him the best.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Re: Demetri Skin Vendor on Evine Live

A few months ago he said he now has XStrands done in his hair. Adds new hair and fills in bald spots.

Honored Contributor

He looks very different than from just a year ago--all I noticed is how he was primping with his new hair too much, which in MHO, needs a really good shaping and cut. I don't buy any of his things as I have alot and the prices are not as good. And frankly--I found better things. He kind of seems to be going thru some mid life crisis---just not a fan of his anymore.

Honored Contributor

https://www.gaydesertguide.com/articles/0716/my-first-gay-wedding-and-was-it-ever-spectacular.html

Dimitri's wedding pix, only 2 years ago. Perhaps he just wants to stay young looking for his new spouse!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

He just mentioned that he was on vacation and was in the sun. Looks like it to me. He is very tanned.

Well that seems odd to me for someone who hawks skincare products.  Didn't he wear sunscreen?  LOL.

I know!  But after he said that he said something like.."It's okay, I know how to fix my skin"...hmmm.

Well that seems like a very irresponsible statement.  If he's claiming that his skincare can actually reverse sun damage (prevent skin cancer), he'll probably have the FDA breathing down his back.  Regardless, to suggest that it's ok to damage your skin because you can "fix" it is highly irresponsible.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess, I really like Dimitri and he knows his stuff but I was also surprised that he spend a month in the sun. There may come a time in his life that he won't be able to reverse that damage. Although he does have the money to repair his skin with laser techniques. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once sun damage has occurred, it's difficult to totally reverse or repair what has been done. Even with expensive professional treatments there will always be some damage left no matter what and the older you are the more likely it will be more damage done than not.

Fibroblasts in older skin are not as resilient and suffer greatly to the effects of UV radiation. In other words, the sun will make an older person look much older than a younger person who spends the same amount of time in the sun.