Respected Contributor

Re: Deflated balloon skin?! 😱

just another cruel joke for us women...like bleeding out for decades, child-birth, menopause, now this? 

Respected Contributor

I have been losing weight for several months (no weighing) and I am sure seeing this.

Feeling better but doesn't help face or other looks!

Hyacinth   Cat Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

That's what's so strange regarding what's happening with me.  I never gained and lost a lot of weight.  In fact the only time I can recall doing that was when I was pregnant and post natal.  My third pregnancy was when I gained the most, 30 lbs.  With the first two, my weight gain was only 15 lbs each.  I had "morning sickness" (ha!), 24/7 for the entire pregnancies.  Even with the 30 lbs.,  I lost it quickly due in part to breast feeding.  The deflated balloon skin never appeared until now, many years later!  Nature's karma! 😱

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It just happens to many of us as we get older. Natural loss of collagen and fat from our skin becomes rapid after a certain age. Retin A for the face and exercise the body can help. Retin A will help prevent further loss of collagen and exercising the body will help build muscle to re-inflate some parts of it.Woman Happy @this is my nic

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It just happens to many of us as we get older. Natural loss of collagen and fat from our skin becomes rapid after a certain age. Retin A for the face and exercise the body can help. Retin A will help prevent further loss of collagen and exercising the body will help build muscle to re-inflate some parts of it.Woman Happy @this is my nic

@SilleeMee  Elasticity of the skin plays a large part, as well. BTW, many women look great when you see them around town and you may envy their shapes and how they appear in clothes.

Rude awakening in the ladies’ locker room at the gym. They don’t look that great naked either. It made me feel so much more accepting of my body image.