Super Contributor

Can anyone recommend something for dark spots.  I have them on my arms, but thankful not on my face.  Thanks for any advice you can give. 

Trusted Contributor

I use products with hydroquinone.  You can get these products at Walmart -- Nadinola 3% cream (in the ethnic skin section) and 2% Ambi Fading Cream.  It does take months for the fading and you have to continue using sunscreen.  Or get a 4% or 6% prescription from your dermatologist.  I use a compounded formula for my face of Kojic, 6% hyrdoquinone and retin a. 

Honored Contributor

Whatever treatment you choose make sure you also exfoliate physically and try to use at least 20% glycolic treatment product on the areas of concern. I use Glycolix Elite 20% glycolic pads...amazon has them...60 pads for around 25. I use them eod so that is a 2-month supply for me. Glycolic is one of the best things to use for spots but you have to use it religiously.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

If you can afford it, laser therapy is fast and permanent. It is really the best way to go. You could just do it little by little if you could not afford to get it done all at once.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dark Spots on Arms

[ Edited ]

I have dark spots all over my arms. They vary in size and in darkness. When I was younger most people called them FRECKLESWoman Happy and now that I am old--er...they're called AGE SPOTSWoman Frustrated.

Super Contributor

Hydroquinone is banned in Europe, Australia, and Japan. I would never use it. Go with the glycolic. 

Respected Contributor

Hydroquinone is NOT BANNED in the EU. They just limit the product to less than 1%. I have bought it there myself. 

Honored Contributor

Derm docs in the USA still prescribe 4% Hydroquinone as a first choice for patients who want to rid themselves of dark spots, use it  for 3 months ,then stop, worked  like a charm for me.

Honored Contributor

I've tried everything on the shelves to get rid of spots on arms, backs of hands and a few on my face.  Nothing has made one bit of difference, including Skinn's much touted Hand Restore.  I've learned to live with them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
Have you tried the lotion Amlactin? It really works well on fading and getting rid of age spots and those dry spots on your arms and legs. You can get it at Costco. It's the best price there. Here's the link to read about it: http://amlactin.com/?gclid=CKeMnJfAsM0CFZA2aQodyI4A_w