Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I remove my mascara with a facial wipe.   Then cleanse my face with facial wash and Leaflet.  Sometimes I wash my face in the shower or I should say I always wash my face in the shower unless I just used my Leaflet.  You should not over wash your face.  I only use the Leaflet at night for my face.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

When I wear foundation, yes, usuallywash twice. 

Honored Contributor

I do not.  If I'm wearing eye makeup I'll use Lancome eye makup remover with a cotton ball and then wash my entire face with Camellia Oil cleanser.  That's it.  Years ago I used to use a toner after cleansing and nothing ever came off onto the cotton ball.  Also, there's never anything on the washcloth when I cleanse in the mornings, so I feel no need to cleanse twice.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

@Shanus  This is part of the Asian multi-step skincare routine.  Many will use a cleansing oil first and follow up with a foaming cleanser at night.  I consider my PM cleansing to be a 2-step process but it's modified.  I'll start with either a cleansing wipe or micellar water on a cotton pad to get the surface dirt and makeup off.  Then I follow up with a cleansing oil - rub that all over my dry face add water to turn it into a milk and use my Foreo Luna dupe.  Rinse well, pat dry, and follow up with my treatment products and moisturizer.

Always - gently of course.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually double clean.  I prefer to break down my makeup with an oil cleanser so that is step one.  If I am going to use my Clarisonic it is necessary to follow up with a cream cleanser for the brush.  If I have been in for the entire day and not worn any face makeup, I might forego the cream cleanser and consider it done with the cleansing oil. 

Honored Contributor

I use the mild Clarifying lotion from Clinique--the one with no alcohol.  I don't even buy that anymore as I buy Paula Begouns. 

I do not think using soap alone would ever cleanse foundation off of skin.  

I used to work part time for Clinique.  They always trained us, even years ago, to remove makeup before cleansing-whether one's skin is normal, oily or dry.  A mild makeup remover would not dry one's skin out.  

I don't use products anymore with alcohol in them--for the most part. 

I love  Clinqiue's cleansing oil.  I use a variety of cleansers/face washes--Clinique, PTR or Cerave/Cetaphil.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Whew!  I’m exhausted reading this thread!

I guess I don’t put on a lot of ‘stuff’ in the first place.

I usually just wash my face once a day...

after I workout or in the evening before bedtime

in the shower w/ a bar of soap.

No problems here.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

No problems here.

If you don't wear foundation, you'd not need a separate makeup remover.  The few days I go without foundation, I don't use a 2-step approach.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

No problems here.

If you don't wear foundation, you'd not need a separate makeup remover.  The few days I go without foundation, I don't use a 2-step approach.

Having rosacea I always wear foundation....eye makeup mostly to but not always.  Since I have easily to aggravate sensitive skin I use a product to break down foundation 1st remove with a makeup wipe or baby wipe (whatever I have on hand) then use my Paula's Choice Source Natural facial cleanser with clarisonic to make sure all of it is cleaned off....otherwise acne bumps will be there to greet me in the morning!  

Believe me I wish I didn't have to do any of it....to have the freedom to wear nothing if I so choose and not be embarrassed at my appearance but well it didn't work out that way so I have to do the extra steps on everything.