Respected Contributor

wrote:

I double cleanse w/Erno Laszlo system and have been doing so for years.

I do  use Skinn cloths.

@maestraI have been doing the 30 splashes foreverWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I double cleanse w/Erno Laszlo system and have been doing so for years.

I do  use Skinn cloths.

@maestraI have been doing the 30 splashes foreverWoman Very Happy

@VenturaHighway  Sopme mornings the 30 splashes feels like it's taking forever, esp. when I'm running late.

It does feel good!

Respected Contributor

I always wash my face twice if I've been wearing foundation and eye makeup.  (Lather, rinse, repeat).

My skin stays clearer that way. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

I usually remove my make-up with Garnier All-in-1 Waterproof Makeup Removing Micellar Wipes. Then I use one of my other cleansers.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

No.  I can only imagine how dried out my skin would be as I already have dry skin.

I cleanse and then I use a toner.  I am very thorough and make sure I cleanse up to my hairline, and down onto my neck and out to my ears.  I follow my cleansing with a toner and the only thing that is ever on my cotton ball is maybe some leftover mascara from right under my eyes.

@Lipstickdiva  same here...I like the elemis apricot toner [mild scent]...it has no actives in it, adjusts the ph of my skin so it's not tight post oil or gentle face wash. Never used a toner until my late 50's! now I see why people use one.
My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

At night I cleanse twice to remove makeup. I use Skinn AM Cleanser because I have combo skin and the PM is too rich for me. I follow with Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder. Love that product. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I always wash my face twice if I've been wearing foundation and eye makeup.  (Lather, rinse, repeat).

My skin stays clearer that way. 

@Sunshine Kate  Last night, to experiment again, after removing makeup with my oil cleanser, I tried a sample of B.B. hydrating toner (no alcohol) on a cotton pad. My face felt fresh and clean w/o any tight/dry feeling....BTW, no leftover mu on the pad. I think I’ll look into toners.

Respected Contributor

If I use a "cleanser"... such as Skinn's night cleanser or a makeup remover, I'll go over it with a non-drying facial soap.  If I don't, my face feels coated, not clean.

Frequent Contributor

I started double cleansing when I started using a physical sunscreen and Estee Lauder Double Wear. These are both difficult to completely get off the face. 

I use Garnier Micellar Water both with the blue top and the red top. Then, I use Cera Ve Cleanser and wipe with a damp face cloth whlle rinsing. 

On occasion, I use the newer Philosophy Purity face cleanser in the gel form. I feel like that cleanser could remove ANYTHING! I don't double cleanse if I use that stuff. 

Honored Contributor

I first use an oil to remove my SPF moisturizer, then cleanse with a mild cleanser and my Clarisonic.  That not only gets off the hard-to-remove SPF, but the oil also leaves my skin softer, even though I remove it.

I found that the cleansers that would get off the SPF sufficiently were too harsh for my face.  And the milder ones wouldn’t clean good enough by themselves.