Honored Contributor

On Q, the shadow palette sold out and NEVER to be back again. I went on waitlist. Imagine my shock to see several thousand available on Doll 10’s HSN shows. These are “sister channels”. It’s not honest to sell out on one channel to hold back something for the other.

Honored Contributor

Re: DORIS DALTON: MISLEADING

Hi @Shanus . Nice to see you here again.Woman Happy Hope all is well with you.

I didn't buy any D10 stuff yesterday. But I did watch a few shows. Nothing I saw interested me and I really don't need anything at the moment. How about you? Buy anything?

Valued Contributor

so, it's not Doris that's misleading, it's the Q? or is it HSN? Good thing there's crossover b/t the channels so consumers can get what they want

Honored Contributor

Both companies operate as separate entities.  With both companies stocking the same product, the vendor likely isn't able to keep up.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perhaps the as more brands cross over between HSN and QVC, it stands to reason that (particlarly in cosmetic brands) there would be items from the brand exclusive to one network.  This would help the image Quarate wants to convey that each network is operating as a separate entity and help keep the shows from becoming BORING if the exact same items are featured in all shows on two networks.  It comes to mind as while watching a recent show on HSN I found they could have run a tape from a show the previous week on QVC and nothing would have been different except the host and models.  This particular show culd have used a presentation or two of exclusive palettes or configurations.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus: True, QVC and HSN are sister channels. But, that doesn't mean they keep tabs on each others inventory. Hopefully, you got what you wanted from HSN.  

Esteemed Contributor

"...  It’s not honest to sell out on one channel to hold back something for the other.

I don't understand your "shock", unless maybe you were under the impression QVC & HSN pool their inventory?

Respected Contributor

Hello @Shanus  hope all is well...I can see how it sounds misleading when the host/vendor states something will never be in stock and then you see it on another channel. Perhaps that's why the Q said it will never be back in stock (on the Q) because they knew it was going to be sold on HSN. Now that can seem a little misleading. It's as if QVC and HSN are still attempting to operate as competitors but they are not since they plan to merge in the future! 

Trusted Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Both companies operate as separate entities.  With both companies stocking the same product, the vendor likely isn't able to keep up.  

Are you saying that Doris has no idea what she sold to each company?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I think it stinks too.  The Q is going where they feel they can make more money.  If there are leftovers, you will probably receive yours.  I really don't care for this back and forth between HSN and QVC now.  The Q was unique in their own way and so was HSN.  Not anymore.

kindness is strength