Honored Contributor

Need a cuticle cream that is not oily or strong smelling

I am having the worst time with my cuticles -- the worst ever!  I think part of the problem is the constant handwashing and using of hand sanitizer!  I never had a problem this bad!  I do use handcream often but that is not enough.  A couple things I have issue with is, first of all, I can't stand products with a strong scent as it gives me a headache, and secondly, I don't want a product that is overly oily or greasy.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you so much!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need a cuticle cream that is not oily or strong smelling

I use Beekman cuticle balm, works for me.

Honored Contributor

@buckeyegirl1 

Is this in any stores or on line purchase?  Thank you!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 saw Beekman's cuticle cream on HSN Sunday.  Maybe QVC has it, since they sell Beekman products also.

Respected Contributor

I also have dry cuticles and I don't  think there's any miracle product.  The key is to apply often.  I don't mind a little grease or oil as it absorbs in after a few minutes. 

Olive oil or baby oil works.  Just apply to cuticles and nails, then rub in.  Vaseline is good too.  For on the go use a waxy lip balm like chapstick.  It feels greasy initially but it does away as it gets absorbed.  

Honored Contributor

I find  Beekman's works well for me.

Honored Contributor

Isomers has a good one, that is on special on SHQ, 2 for $19. 

Honored Contributor

The reason cuticles and fingernails are dry is because the natural oils that lubricate have been removed.  Naturally any product made to correct the condition is going to be greasy.  Otherwise it wouldn't be effective. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like CND Cuticle Eraser.  It doesn't actually erase anything. It does have glycolic acid in it which exfoliates.  I got it at Ulta online.  Didn't see it in the store the other day, so maybe online only.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anything that's going to work will be very moisturizing and it works best if you apply it right before bedtime. Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream works for me.

You can also have dry nails and cuticles from not drinking enough water, try increasing your consumption.