Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

This is probably just me, but I don't llike it when a vendor goes back and forth from one shoppiing channel to another. If I like a line of cosmetics (or whatever), I want to know that I have all of the line available to me in one spot.  I don't want to have to go back and forth to check and see what I'm missing.  

So for me Doll 10 is a "don't buy" for the forseeable future. Sorry Doris.  I don't care for HSN no matter who owns it, so I won't be watching there anyway.  

I might add that I felt the same way about IT Cosmetics when they began to offer their products on Infomercials, failing to give QVC their latest foundation, which they were offering elsewhere.

Spoiler

@Perkup   So far any beauty lines shown on both channels have the same products. Nothing new or different.

Valued Contributor

Re: DOLL 10 ON HSN ALL DAY

[ Edited ]

If anyone is watching at the 1 o’clock hour, did you notice the blonde rep working on the blush pallet used to be the Tarte rep on QVC? Hmm I always liked her glad to see she is still around.  

Also regarding the same products being offered on both channels, Bose, Dooney and Bourke, bareMinerals and countless other products are on both channels. That doesn’t stop me one way or the other  and if one is having free shipping and the other isn’t, or has easy pay I will just buy the product from the channel with the best deal.

I like the hydra lux foundation. I wear it over It cc cream and it offers a medium coverage I would say without the cc cream.

Valued Contributor

@Perkup, I think the back and forth is all sales driven, and not up to the vendor. The sales maybe slowed down at QVC, so they are reaching out to an audience who has loyalties to another channel. It's all about exposure to boost sales.

I haven't had much luck with this line. I hate the packaging and her "universal nudes" are never quite right for me. I'm not even tempted anymore.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Shanus. I use many of her products and find her lipstick colors flattering for my complexion. Her foundation, though, is too pigmented, heavy and not light enough for me. If you are porcelain or alabaster in Bobbi Brown, her lightest Fair may be too dark.

I usually order from from her website with a coupon... However, today I ordered a set of lipsticks on extended delivery. Great price too!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Thanks @Shanus. I use many of her products and find her lipstick colors flattering for my complexion. Her foundation, though, is too pigmented, heavy and not light enough for me. If you are porcelain or alabaster in Bobbi Brown, her lightest Fair may be too dark.

I usually order from from her website with a coupon... However, today I ordered a set of lipsticks on extended delivery. Great price too!

@Trinity11  I started wearing BB foundation over 20 yrs. ago and still use it because it has the most true fair shades. I’m Alabaster in winter, Porcelain in summer. I’d never change brands unless the entire company goes out of business. I’ve stayed w/ it even though Lauder has killed most of Bobbi’s original visions.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11  I started wearing BB foundation over 20 yrs. ago and still use it because it has the most true fair shades. I’m Alabaster in winter, Porcelain in summer. I’d never change brands unless the entire company goes out of business. I’ve stayed w/ it even though Lauder has killed most of Bobbi’s original visions.

@Shanus, about a year ago I remember you wrote you worked for Bobbi years ago. You then posted you were upset with all the changes so I am happy to read that they haven't changed your favorite foundation. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus, about a year ago I remember you wrote you worked for Bobbi years ago. You then posted you were upset with all the changes so I am happy to read that they haven't changed your favorite foundation. 

@Trinity11   Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Honored Contributor

Re: DOLL 10 ON HSN ALL DAY

[ Edited ]

I have not used any of this line yet but watched yesterday. Wondering why no demonstrations of using the products?

Just showed before and after.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I watched some of the show this morning with Valerie while I got ready for work.

I love many of her lipsticks but I have found they are very, very soft which in turns means they are very, very messy.   

@Lipstickdiva I purchased and returned her nude collection w/ gloss at end of lipstick. They did not last more than an hour or two. They are quite creamy, which is OK, but messy and not lasting is definitely a “downer”.

@Shanus that is one collection I have that I absolutely love.  LOL  I like that I can wear the lipstick by itself, the gloss on its own or both together.  I generally do both together.  I find that both colors in the kit are great colors for my skintone and I go to them often.  LOL

I have a set of her lip crayons and while I like the colors and the feel of them on my lips, they are so soft, the tubes end up a mess and I have to be careful because they almost just smash while I'm applying them.  Those I don't find long lasting but I have so many lipsticks, I don't mind reapplying.  LOL