Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know if the divine drip sleeping nectar balm Josie offered in her last TSV is different than her original Divine Drip?  I seem to remember when she came out with the '...sleeping nectar..' version it was new and she pitched it as being lighter and a product to use on face and neck. 

The original was for body and face which I had, but the consistency of it was never something I would've put on my face.   Thank you in advance.

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed   From the way she described it yesterday, I thought it was just for the face and neck.  She said it was honey whipped in with the argan oil.  I guess I'll find out for sure when I get it.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

The two products are quite different. The one for the face isn’t nearly as thick as the one for the body. Much like the difference between the face and body butters. I like them both and in the winter I use the original divine drip for the body as a neck cream. The sleeping nectar is a really nice overnight mask. I put it over the reserve oil.

Respected Contributor

I HAVE A QUESTION about the TSV ...   Josie kept saying put the MILK on first and then the RESURFACING serum.  I would have thought it should be the other way around.  She repeated that order each time I tuned in.  Any thoughts?

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I HAVE A QUESTION about the TSV ...   Josie kept saying put the MILK on first and then the RESURFACING serum.  I would have thought it should be the other way around.  She repeated that order each time I tuned in.  Any thoughts?

I agree with you and I would put the resurfacing serum first, then other products.  So it can penetrate and do it's job. 

Respected Contributor

Josie said to use the Milk first as it will help the resurfacing serum go deeper.  It seemed strange to me, but I will try it that way since that's the way it was designed to work.

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

Does anyone know if the divine drip sleeping nectar balm Josie offered in her last TSV is different than her original Divine Drip?  I seem to remember when she came out with the '...sleeping nectar..' version it was new and she pitched it as being lighter and a product to use on face and neck. 

The original was for body and face which I had, but the consistency of it was never something I would've put on my face.   Thank you in advance.

When Divine Drip first came out she was really only promoting this for the body. Then she discovered that it could also be used on the neck. However, I actually was using it on my face too in the Winter. Had no issues using it on my face. The Sleeping Nectar is a lighter texture.

Frequent Contributor

Re: DIVINE DRIP

[ Edited ]

Josie is always saying that her milk is a "preserum", so she says to always use it first.

I believe the divine drip is just straight up honey and argan oil whipped together, just like her body butter is only whipped argan oil.

The sleeping nectar has other ingredients added to it just like the face butter has other ingredients added to it.

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

That seemed strange to me, too. But I don't know what the consistency of the resurfacing serum is like, so maybe. I've read it's lactic acid in a base of argan oil. If it feels more like the argan oil, that is heavier than the Milk the Milk wouldn't penetrate the serum, so Milk first. Or alternate, Milk in the AM and resurfacing serum in the PM.

Honored Contributor

Re: DIVINE DRIP

[ Edited ]

I have both right now.  I am on my second jar of the Divine Drip face and neck cream.  

IMO it is thick.  If it is less thick than the Divine Drip for the body, it's not by much.  The texture of it is concentrated/dense.  It isn't "whipped" like the buters are.  You have to dig into the jar to get the product out to put on.  It is a peach color.

The body nectar is thick as well and again you have to dig into it.  

IMO both of them are balms.