Honored Contributor

Re: DH SHOCKED BY RED LIP YESTERDAY

@Shanus 

That sounds like my "full face" of makeup and I DO put it on every time I leave the house.  OK, if I'm just going to the drive thru pharmacy I might not (but sometimes I do).  If I'm not going out it's just a lipstain with lip gloss on top and eyelashes.  Fenty Beauty All Over Diamond Bomb is usually a staple also Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs  When/if I do a brighter lip, even if I used 6 shadows,they'd all be so neutral and blended, you'd still see lips as main feature. I also go the other direction with more made up eyes and a nude lip...that's what I prefer beefore the eyes go completely to he*l.  LOL

***BTW, my Mom wouldn't go outside her apartment without a full face of makeup...soup to nuts. She had always been that way up to when we had to put her in the nursing home. Even then, her mirror and Revlon Hot Coral lipstick stayed on her night table in case visitors came. 

Trusted Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

I would like to recommend Color The World with the usual before and after....line of lipsticks for "mature" women. They are great! Don't feather and long lasting wear. I like "Heartfelt" for my red shade. I cannot wear too dark or bright a red. 

Big sale going on now....40% off, free s/h. Their website actually has a very good guide for choosing the right shade of lipstick. Check it out! Good luck!

I just checked out this site @TexasMom1 .  Do you know if their lipsticks are matte or not?  I don't see that in the descriptions and don't see any CS to contact to ask. TIA😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

I haven’t worn a full face of makeup since March 15 either. That was the last time I sang in the choir at my church. I don’t wear makeup around the house. 

Since then I’ve gone out mostly for doctor appointments and errands. Since I’m wearing a mask I don’t do a full face. I still do my eyes, but I don’t bother with foundation, concealer, blush, or lip color. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma  I skip the major items, but please don't take my blush! Eyebrows and blush are more than necessary on  my very fair skin. 

Trusted Contributor

The CTW lipstick I have in "Heartfelt" seems to be matte on me. I am not a lip gloss or shiny lipstick wearer at all, very conservative. Heartfelt is the red shade I wear. I am very fair with cool tones, but I think I saw the site pegged it as warm. Go figure! I tried it out based on the reviews. It is not orangey or rust colored at all. It is not an "in your face red".  I find I am wearing more red in my clothing choices lately.  I just ordered another one during this sale! The site gives a really good description of the various shades and tips on which ones look best with color tones. I find I can use these and they really are long lasting on me!