Contributor

ANYONE HAVE IT?  ANY REVIEWS ON HOW YOU LIKE IT?  THANKS IN

ADVANCE?

Honored Contributor

I don't have this but I had my face dermaplaned at a private salon. It was beautiful-for a day. After that it looked the same. It was 60.00 for one visit.

Contributor

THANKS JUDALINE FOR YOUR RESPONSE.  I FIND IT ODD THAT THERE IS NO

INFORMATION ON THESE PAGES ABOUT IT.  I GUESS IT DOES NOT HAVE

ANY POSITIVE REVIEWS.

Honored Contributor

There was a post going around yesterday about it, most were saying it was a glorified shaver...I wasn't really interested in yet another face gadget, so I sisn't pay too much attention to it....I have and love my Clrisonic MIA

Esteemed Contributor

I personally think this is something that should be done by a trained professional.  I purchased something similar on a Steals and Deals episode and regretted it.  Even though I read the directions carefully, it took weeks to get my skin back to normal.  My face was raw, red, and flaky.  Never again unless by a professional.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@acat I don't have it, but watched the presentations.

I have had my faced dermaplaned many times at a day spa, and I find that it leaves the skin so beautiful. It really feels like the butt of a baby! ha!

On my skin, it takes off much more than just peach fuzz. My skin is very sensitive and I'm just a little red for about an hour afterwards, then you can't tell that anything has been done as far as redness is concerned. It makes a huge difference on how well my skin treatments work and how well the makeup goes on. I have it done at least quarterly when I go for other things to be done. 

For those who worry your hair grows out faster, thicker, coarser...in my case, not so. There is no difference in the texture or color of the hair. 

Love, love love it!

As to what another poster said that it should only be done by a professional, I would certainly agree if a straight edge is used....similar to what a barber or doctor would use. But it is my understanding that the Dermaflash has safeguards. Was nervous the first time I had it done at a spa, but love the results.

I read that when it is done at at professional place that there needs to be someone with a medical degree in attendance, because you are using a scapal, or something like it. That was many years ago, so don't know if that is/was true or not. There is no person with a medical degree at the place I go, so maybe that wasn't true.

With the safeguards in place that the Dermaflash has, I don't think there is quite the risk that spa people using a straight edge might have.

Again, I am happy with the results of dermaplaning and think the Dermaflash would definitely be cheaper in the long run. Would like to see more reviews on it. 

Did you end up buying it?

Contributor

I DID ORDER IT AND THEN I BECAME CONCERNED SINCE THERE WERE

NO REVIEWS ON IT AND I AM CONCERNED ABOUT HOW THE HAIR

GROWS BACK.   I THINK I WILL GIVE IT A TRY WHEN I RECEIVE IT.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND INFORMATION.  HAS ANYONE

ELSE ORDERED IT?

Contributor

OMG I JUST FOUND LOTS OF QUESTIONS AND REVIEWS.  THEY ARE MIXED...

Contributor

I had this Dermaflash in my WishList and never pulled the trigger.  I went an got a facial, it's been a while as I have been using my Clarasonic.   I asked her about this Dermaplaning and she was totally against it.  She also informed that you shoudl not exfoliate your face every day and suggested that I use my Clarasonic once a week.  In addition, I was advised to not use any face cream at night as my skin needs to breath and repair itself.  It was one of the best facials I have ever had and it was recommended that you get a facial at the beginning of the change of the season. 

Honored Contributor

@acat I watched the last presentation and all 30,000 they brought in were purchased; they were sold out. I don't think all 30,000 people went blindly forward to purchase it. I would think many of those researched it and found it worth a try. Is it still available?

You have 30 days to return if you don't like it. Smiley Happy

As to another post about not exfoliating every day, I think the Dermaflash is just once a week, right? That being said, I know someone who had a face lift and her surgeon said although he was just getting rid of the extra skin that was hanging/drooping, that she should be sure to exfoliate frequently to promote new skin. I think that the gal who presented yesterday said skin turns over (new comes in) every 28 days or so.

I personally gently exfoliate every day. My skin looks the best it ever has; however, I also use many Perricone products. So maybe the combination of a daily use of Clarisonic, Perricone, frequently dermaplaning, and exfoliating every day works for me just great, but maybe not for everyone. I have sensitive skin and it is clearer, softer, smoother than every before. I'm in my 70's.