Honored Contributor

Cute and Sassy "Sky" Wig by Noriko

From time to time, posters inquire about cute, easy, affordable wigs to throw on.  I always think the wildly popular "Sky" by Noriko is a good choice.

Taz just came out with this video and looks spectacular in it.  But, I have yet to see anyone not look cute and very contemporary in it, and unlike some wigs, it is good for all ages, and is especially flattering and sort of dashing and devil-may-care, on mature women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3S3gVDrPZg

My one caveat is that the permatease in the front can make it easier to see through the bangs to the edge of the wig.  When I've worn it, I cut shorter and thicker bangs (see youtube "how to cut dirty bangs" by Patti of Wigs by Patti's Pearls-- the one where she's actually wearing the wig on her head-- super easy)  It's not perfect, but a better disguise.  And most people are not bothered by it, obviously, since the sales are through the roof on this one.

I've tried the color "Caramel Cream", which despite the name, has ashy highlights so looks good on those with cool complexions-- no brassy gold.  But Taz looks so good in the Mocha Highlight, and says it reads neutral or ashy, yay!

Easy, fun, a great way to try shorter hair that is still feminine and versatile...

Respected Contributor

Re: Cute and Sassy "Sky" Wig by Noriko

I own this wig, but have only worn it a few times.  Noriko wig caps run small and this one is uncomfortable for me. 

I don't have a lot of thick hair of my own.  The lady at the wig store where it was purchased said Noriko is a popular brand, but it runs small.

I wish Noriko would make more comfortable wigs because I love the styles and colors.  

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate  I watched the video from the link posted and there was a caption during the video that read that this wig now comes in a large size cap.

i guess they are addressing your concerns.  They must have had quite a few complaints.

@Oznell  That wig is really nice.  It looks natural and is a great style.  Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @Sunshine Kate and Carmie, it's fantastic that "Sky" now comes in large as well.

The Noriko wigs are notorious for running what they call "petite average", and I find most of them tight on me, but wearable.  They stretch somewhat over time.  I enlarged the cap of one of my "Sky" wigs, following the very simple instructions over on the Godiva's Secret Wigs site.

But wig companies should realize they can do even more business if they offer more sizes.  My size runs average, edging over toward large, and they need to accomodate those of us with more "robustly round" heads, ha.

By the way, another Noriko wig they offer in "large" is  "Reese",  a slightly longer but still shaggy version of "Sky".  It has longer front pieces that frame the face, but also a tapered and "flippy" back....

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yes, @Sunshine Kate and Carmie, it's fantastic that "Sky" now comes in large as well.

The Noriko wigs are notorious for running what they call "petite average", and I find most of them tight on me, but wearable.  They stretch somewhat over time.  I enlarged the cap of one of my "Sky" wigs, following the very simple instructions over on the Godiva's Secret Wigs site.

But wig companies should realize they can do even more business if they offer more sizes.  My size runs average, edging over toward large, and they need to accomodate those of us with more "robustly round" heads, ha.

By the way, another Noriko wig they offer in "large" is  "Reese",  a slightly longer but still shaggy version of "Sky".  It has longer front pieces that frame the face, but also a tapered and "flippy" back....

Thanks for supplying such worthwhile information.  I had heard that wigs can be enlarged but had no idea how to do it.  The site you offered will be of great help.  Again, a great big thank you, Oznell.

Honored Contributor

Oh, thank you so much, @HiLo.  It's my pleasure.  I'm no big expert or anything, but have had some experience and don't want others to endure some of the bewilderment I felt upon first encountering the "wig world", ha.

Honored Contributor

By the way, it's only fair, since I mentioned "Reese" by Noriko, to give a look at that one too.

Here's "Michele" giving her review of "Reese".   And, yay, it's also in the ashy color "Mocha Highlight".   Reese is another one, apart from "Sky" that comes in a tremendous variety of colors.

This very short review is fun-- I adore Michele's playful personality and New York accent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K04b_ijMhk

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Down the wig hole I went again 😂

Thr Cyster Wig site has lots of customer photos.  It’s amazing how different the wigs can look from their official pictures. 

When I’m out and about, I find myself looking at women trying to determine if their cute hairstyle is a wig.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @tansy, as Michele said about wigs in general in her video,  "It's addictive".  And  one review leads to another, and another, and.....

Honored Contributor

The Sky wig now comes in a color called Frosti Blonde for anyone who might be looking for a blond/brown ashy look.  I have it in that color.  Cysterwigs has a youtube video on a wig called, Roni that shows that color.  When she takes the wig off in the video and holds it up to the camera you get a really good look at what Frosti Blonde looks like. Right now I am into the mid-length wavier styles and have Modern Motif and Crowd Pleaser....kind of short/medium style wavy to curly bobs.