Frequent Contributor

Crows Feet and Crappiness - HELP!

Truly feel that I must have tried almost everything for the "crows feet", with not the best end result. Age 58 and now experiencing the "crappiness" under the eyes along with some wrinkles. What do women use to diminish the appearance of the unwanted lines and creases?

I love serums, so if anyone has experienced a great one, please share. Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Crows Feet and Crappiness - HELP!

I'm thinking you're referring to those "crepey" areas around the eyes, but I actually believe I like your take even better. You've summed it up quite nicely! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

Find yourself a good Plastic Surgeon! Don't waste your $$$$ on stuff that doesn't work,never worked, can't possibly work. You will get lots of recommendations here, but, when all is said and done, none of it will work! Good luck.

Honored Contributor

That was a good chuckle, first thing in the morning. Wink

catpat - After trying all sorts of eye creams that didn't do anything, I've had the best success using prescription RetinA and Mad Hippie Eye Cream.

Valued Contributor

I feel your pain. I use Dr. Denese serum and Josie Maran argan oil.

Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Dennis Gross has a retinol eye serum that you can use all around even the eye lid. It's the best I've found. You will probably be more successful over the years if you follow sunshine's advice. I would like to, but I'm a coward.

Honored Contributor

Yes, crepeiness is the height of crappiness. Thanks for my morning chuckle on this dark dreary day. Its snowing here!

Respected Contributor

I do think that crappiness sums it up nicely!

My undereyes get crepey from products they don't like. Isomers makes couple lines I can and do use, and they have some good eye serums… Fast Lift Eye Serum is one that many use. Their All-In-One Eye Serum is another. You can get them on shophq dot com.

100% Pure has a caffeine eye cream that is good, and I use it after my serums in the morning.

You'll have to experiment with what works for you. Surgery is the other option.

Good Luck!

Esteemed Contributor

Crepiness isn't a matter of sagging or lifting. It's a matter of surface texture on the skin, and is treatable with topicals. Crows are a little different, because they are caused by repeated facial expression, but also can be smoothed out a great deal with topicals.

The best thing I ever found for crepiness (never really had crows) is AHAs, starting w/ Paula's Choice AHA gel @ 8%. After your skin acclimates to using AHA, then bump up the percentage, where you get even more benefit, Alpha Hydrox Souffle @ 12%.

But to be honest, I don't believe in using any higher percentages than that. If you do, you risk thinning out your skin, upsetting your own cell turnover mechanism. If you turn over your skin gently every day, you build collagen underneath and maintain plump, elastic skin.

Also, you may want to consider a vitamin C serum, which also smooths skin texture, evens skin tone, builds collagen and provides antioxidant protection.

Contributor

Harpa,what do you use in addition to AHA for a moisturizer?