Honored Contributor

Cream Blush Application Question

Feel like I've asked this before and if I have, please excuse the repeat but I can't remember the responses.

Have ordered a couple Milani cream blushes.  Watched videos on them and other cream blushes - some show applying it with fingers, some with a dampened sponge, and some with a stipling brush.  For those that use cream blushes, which way do you find is the best/easiest way to apply and blend?

Again, please excuse this post as I'm sure this has been talked about a lot but I need a "refresher" course so to speak!  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Cream Blush Application Question

[ Edited ]

@JudyL

I recently started using the RMS cream cheek color and have been applying using two fingers - the pointer and middle fingers. 
I will be interested to read other replies. 

Respected Contributor

I use the ELF putty primer brush.
Honored Contributor

Brush

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I draw it on my cheeks, like a swipe across the cheek. Then I use a dry makeup sponge to kind of blend it in.  Done in 10 seconds.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Usually my fingers, but also a concealer/ small makeup brush works great. Flat side to apply, round side to buff out if needed.  Example:
image.jpeg https___m.media-amazon.com_images_I_71VsbyH7kkL._SX679_.jpg

Super Contributor

I use a cream blush that comes in a mirrored compact. I dab my brush into the blush and tap it several times on the compact mirror. Then I tap the brush on my face and tap it in with my fingers. I pick up more blush from the mirror with the brush and tap it onto my face. This process allows me to apply a sheer wash of blush and keeps it from landing all in one place on my face. I have never used the tiny mirror in the blush compact so I doesn't matter to me that it gets color on it. 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I'm still ironing out my cream blush technique.  I'll put some on today and use a brush.  That's what I've been seeing a lot of on YT.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL  Instead of a cream blush, I use my sheer lipsticks or my tinted lip balms on my cheeks & use my fingers because they are sheer, easy to blend & buildable. That's what I have been doing lately without or with foundation. I have a few cream blushes but prefer a tinted lip balm. With the Milani blush, I think a slightly dampened sponge works best. jmo Most of the time I use a powder blush with more of a satin glow. Some I have are shimmers.

Honored Contributor

For me it depends on the blush.  Any of them I use I try with my fingers, brush, and sponge.  I've personally never liked them applied with a sponge.  I only like to use the sponge if I put too much on or it's too concentrated.  Most of the time I like my fingers.

I know cream products are all the rage but I'm just not on that bandwagon.  I still much prefer powders.