Super Contributor

Re: Cover FX Custom Color Drops -- anyone tried?

On 4/8/2015 luv2playgolf said:
On 4/8/2015 Mistic said:
On 4/8/2015 Lanikins said:
On 4/8/2015 Mistic said:

Oh Ladies ~ I'm so glad that I opened this thread. This stuff sounds "perfect" for me. I just went and watched a video at their site. Looks wonderful. So many shades to choose from. I am going to check if ULTA sells this. It's a 50 mile round trip to go, but don't have a clue which shade to choose from so many. Who else sells this, anyone know...Maybe I could find someplace closer to me. Thank You OP!

Looks like it's only available at Sephora now. I just read the Paula's Choice review which said to error on the dark side (one shade) if you're mixing with moisturizer.

OK, only at SEPHORA, and I don't have one. Are they a good company to shop with? Sorry if that sounds dumb, but I have no clue. Never been in one, or ordered from them before.

Yes, Cover FX is a good company. I ordered directly from their website and got the order in less than a week. I ordered from them because I was able to get a primer for half price when I ordered the drops. They are based in Toronto, but the shipment originated in Houston.

I mixed two drops with Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Moisturizing Cream on Sunday and loved the finish and how it wore throughout the day. I did set it with a light dusting of NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder and it was great.

Oops! I just noticed that you were talking about Sephora. They're a good company, also. I've shopped with them online and in the store for several years and I've never had a problem.

I really like Sephora. Been shopping online with them for years.

Respected Contributor

I didn't realize Paula had reviewed it. She gave it a great review, for those that are interested.
Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 FUTURE said: I didn't realize Paula had reviewed it. She gave it a great review, for those that are interested.

I didn't even think to look. Good to hear she gave it a great review. I will have to read it soon.

Honored Contributor

I am going Saturday for sure so I hope they carry it so I can test out colors. Otherwise I think I'm going with N10 for now. It is confusing because some say it runs a bit dark, some say a bit light but that jar of it on phyrra's website looks just about right.

Super Contributor

Update: I have tried the drops several more times and I think when you get the right amounts (drops+lotion etc)it's great. I tried 2 drops and a little Cover FX illuminating primer, it was either too little primer or too many drops. I pretty much wiped all of it off. The next day I used my SSC SPF lotion and 2 drops of the pigments and it was a good mixture, light coverage, but to me it looked good. Just wanted to let you guys know if you sign up on their site they send you a code for 15% off(I think that was the %). Good luck to everyone, give it some time and try mixing with different lotions/serums, etc...
Trusted Contributor

Third day using it and today I used it with Color Fx's bright prep (slightly) illuminating spf50 primer -- A - M - A - Z - I - N - G ! ! ! Love, love, loving these drops!

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 beauty-junkie said: Update: I have tried the drops several more times and I think when you get the right amounts (drops+lotion etc)it's great. I tried 2 drops and a little Cover FX illuminating primer, it was either too little primer or too many drops. I pretty much wiped all of it off. The next day I used my SSC SPF lotion and 2 drops of the pigments and it was a good mixture, light coverage, but to me it looked good. Just wanted to let you guys know if you sign up on their site they send you a code for 15% off(I think that was the %). Good luck to everyone, give it some time and try mixing with different lotions/serums, etc...

Yes, I would assume it would take a little experimenting to get the right ratio but it sounds like once you do, bam! it works great! Super cool! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 fitfuninformed said:

Third day using it and today I used it with Color Fx's bright prep (slightly) illuminating spf50 primer -- A - M - A - Z - I - N - G ! ! ! Love, love, loving these drops!

awesome!!

Honored Contributor

Just left Sephora and N10 was a perfect match for me now just waiting for the sale. BIs only get 10% off but oh well I have a gc anyway so 10 is better than nothing!
Regular Contributor

I stopped by two Sephora's in Times Square and neither store has it yet. I meant to head to Columbus Circle Friday but couldn't find the time. I will make one last attempt to find it in store as I have no idea what color I would be and if not, I'm just going to have to take a gander and order online. I even tried the color IQ on Sephora's site and it didn't turn up a match for the color fx drops. Not sure if it's bc its so new or there's no match for me.