Occasional Contributor

Hello Wen girls, I have been using wen for about of two months and order the tsv, got mine in TT. but i have noticed that the colder the water is , the better it is with wen. I do wash my hair in the kitchen sink which is better for me, but my husband, he can stand the cold water, but it try it with cool........ So , ladies which is better for you.{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Super Contributor

I use warm water. I can't imagine standing under a cold shower to rinse my hair. My color hasn't faded.

Super Contributor

I cool down the water for final rinse since I will rinse my face off then my hair. Its not cold by any means, just cooler.

Honored Contributor

Chaz recommends cold water, so I do my best to follow his instructions... as best I can.

I use cool water for my first cleanse and coldish water for my second cleanse. Then, I turn to faucet to cold to the max and do a quick head dunk. Then I quickly rewarm the rest of my chilled body with a quick dose of warm water.

I assume the reason Chaz recommends using cold water is so that the hair cuticle will stay sealed and not leak out moisture ingredients. Since my thin/fine hair is also very porous, I need all the help I can give myself to keep the hair cuticles closed. So I just grin and bear the cold water the best I can.

--- bebe {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Esteemed Contributor

I use hot water. It doesn't make my hair frizz. I can't stand cold water or cool water on my skin.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor
No way am I using cold water, I use warm first off to wet my hair , the final rinse might be cool, no cold and I do my hair at the kitchen sink to. I know cold is supposed to close the hair cuticle , but if you use a blow dryer, isn't that opening it back up again? I've always wondered about the blow dryer. Any thoughts?
Contributor

Yea see I need a hot shower in the morning, hate cold showers. But I have tried cooling down the water a bit when I'm at the final rinse...not sure if I see much of a difference though. I guess it can't hurt to use cool water if someone wants to. Cool

Trusted Contributor

I use cool water and add a blast of cold to my final rinse.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Esteemed Contributor
This isn't suggested just for Wen users, supposedly cool/cold water closes the hair shift for added shine. Personally, I cannot do cool/cold water in the Winter because I cannot take cold anything , in the Summer I tend To use cooler water for my last rinse.